25

• Author's P.O.V •
next day

Hwayoung walked there, tightly pressing her lips together while her palms are sweating as fuck, walking back and forth as her mind is completely blank

Immediately freezing on her spot, she mentally slapped herself, "No, no Hwayoung. This will be okay, it will be okay! He'll accept you and you know that." She whispered to herself, soon getting silent until she stomped her feet, whining.

"No no no, I don't wanna ruin our friendship! What if he rejects me?" Hwayoung blabbed, running her fingers through her hair and gripped it in frustration.

"Fuck, the anxiety I feel." She cursed under her breath and fanned herself with her hands, wanting to calm herself down, "Relax Hwayoung, relax. Nothing bad will happen, fuck negative thoughts." She breathed out, fanning herself with both of her hands.

Until then, footsteps were heard outside the office, causing Hwayoung to stiffly freeze on her spot as her eyes followed the direction of the door slowly getting pushed open.

Her breath hitched, seeing Jimin stepping inside the office, looking fresh and charming like usual until he looked up, meeting Hwayoung's gaze and carved a smile. "Morning." He greeted.

Hwayoung just stood on her spot, frozen while her palms kept sweating and heating more.

Jimin closed the door and stood there, freezing after seeing Hwayoung's unusual aura, "Um, are you alright?" He asked which snapped her off of her thoughts, soon plastering an awkward smile and looked away from him, nodding her head.

"YーYeah, sorry. Been into stuffs." She awkwardly chuckled, making an excuse which Jimin can't figure out.

Shrugging it off, he shrugged his shoulders and approached his desk, hearing Hwayoung's breath hitching when he was just a meter away from him, which did give him some suspicions.

Jimin turned his head to her and raised his eyebrow, "Are you fine? Is there something wrong?" Hwayoung immediately shook her head.

Again, plastering an awkward smile, "IーI'm good, don't worry." She breathed out.

Jimin playfully narrowed his eyes at her and pretended he's sensing something, causing Hwayoung to look away and gulp until he bursted out laughing, flinching her.

He held on the table to support hisself while still laughing, "You're kinda weird today, that's why you're a bit suspicious." He giggled, smiling at her.

But what weirded him out for real was when Hwayoung just carved that awkward smile once again, making his mind go blank and just plaster a small smile, soon flopping hisself down on his seat while still in an eyeーcontact with Hwayoung.

Jimin cleared his throat, "Are you really fine? This is not you, you usually attack me with hugs whenever I enter the office." He tilted his head.

Hwayoung pursed her lips and avoided his gaze, "YーYes. I am fine, really." She slightly smiled, Jimin still sensing the awkward situation in it.