36

• Mina's P.O.V •

Eyes widening, my heart began beating in a fast pace as soon as I heard her words. "WーWhy are you suddenly asking, Y/N?" I tried my best to not sound nervous.

Y/N glanced at me, looking away, "I... I just need to clarify some things..."

Hearing her response, I gulped.

Why... Why does she suddenly want to meet her...?

"Does... Does she know?" I recklessly mumbled.

"Mina?" I flinched after hearing Y/N call me out, almost cursing at myself for not realizing she really was here. "I... IーI'm sorry, what was it again?" I nervously smiled.

I wanted to jump off a cliff after seeing Y/N was actually being serious, "Hwayoung, is her name. I unknowingly forgot her surname. But I have to meet her, I want to and I need to." She suddenly spoke professionally.

I licked my dry lips, "I... Why do you want to meet her? Do you have a meeting appointment? IーI can do it insteaー" I began to get anxious which Y/N noticed, causing her to interrupt me.

"Mina."

I slowly looked up at her, my heart daring to jump out of my chest. "IーI... Um..." I stuttered, unable to manage my words.

She remembers her...

Hwayoung will dare to fight back and I know it.

My thoughts got interrupted as soon as Y/N stepped closer to me, "I want to meet Hwayoung, Mina. Tell her to meet me in the rooftop, sharp." She suddenly demanded.

I gulped as soon I felt a dryness forming on my throat. Before I could even get the chance to say anything, Y/N already took the chance.

"And also, please don't tell your boss. Now's not the time for my husband to know about this."

•••

I held my breath in, my knuckles nervously knocking against the door of Hwayoung's office. I heard a 'come in' from her as I quickly walked inside.

My presence instantly caught her attention, catching her offーguard as her fingers stopped on typing on the keyboard, "Good... Good morning." I awkwardly greeted.

Hwayoung hesitatingly glanced at me, mumbling a 'good morning' back.

Sensing her uneasiness, I bit on my innerーcheek then just say what I needed to say, "I... Um, Ms. Y/N wants to meet you at the building's rooftop. She's hoping for your cooperation."

In a speed of light, my words had caught Hwayoung's attention in an instant which I expected. And I knew just from the name of the wife of the man she loves, a sarcastic chuckle had left her mouth.

"Is she really interested on being friends with me? Let's see then." She scoffed. Not just from her words or behavior, but the tone of her voice made me realize the amount of hatred she has towards Y/N who's clearly innocent.

My thoughts got interrupted when Hwayoung harshly stood up from her seat. But before she can even walk past me, I quickly stopped her and held on her arm.