26

• Still Author's P.O.V •

Frozen on her spot, Hwayoung's mouth slowly went dry, her thoughts mixing together as the look of disappointment was still on Jimin's face.

A playful scoff suddenly escaped her mouth, "WーWhat?" She mumbled, suddenly laughing which caused Jimin to be dumbfounded, "Married? No you're not." Hwayoung stared at him in disbelief.

Jimin huffed, resting his fists on his waist as he could already sense Hwayoung's voice shaking, even though she reassuring herself that Jimin's just trying to pull a prank on her.

"What? I... I AM married." Jimin raised his voice, emphasizing his words as Hwayoung couldn't help but to see the world spinning, only to see Jimin standing in front of her, "What the f... Don't tell me." He paused his words.

Hwayoung's eyes started to shake, her hands as well, "Don't tell me you didn't know, Hwayoung." Jimin continued his words, her heart skipping a beat when she heard his deep and husky voice, yet her name being called from his mouth.

Hwayoyung's eyes slowly wandered down, still not wanting to trust Jimin on this because he had pulled many pranks on her back then, and she tried to reassure herself he's just blabbing nonsense.

"Answer me." Jimin's deep voice snapped her out of her thoughts.

Carving a weak smile, Hwayoung reassured herself it will go well, "You... You are joking, you had pulled many pranks on me back then and I won't fall for it this time." She clenched her fists.

Jimin letted out a scoff, backing away and kept his fists on his sides, "You think I am joking?" Hwayoung gulped, soon looking down after noticing he is mad.

And for the first time, she is witnessing it.

"Hwayoung I am not!" Jimin raised his voice, causing her to flinch and look up at him, clearly seeing the look of disappointment and disbelief, "Why and how could you fall for me Hwayoung?! I thought we were friends...!"

Tears formed in her eyes, "YーYou thought we were just friends?" She mumbled, turning out Jimin heard it.

"Yes! We were just friends and I never considered us as something else!" Jimin huffed out and soon turned his back to Hwayoung, running his fingers through his hair in frustration.

"Why... Why did you fall for me?" Jimin mumbled under his breath, looking down on the floor in disappointment.

Tears finally ran down from Hwayoung's eyes, a sob soon escaping her mouth, "I love you Jimin..." She said out loud with no hesitation.

Poking his innerーcheek, Jimin said nothing and didn't move an inch, "I know you are not married, you're lying to me. You never mentioned about it andー"

"I. Am. Fucking. Married." Jimin suddenly interrupted her words, stopping in each of his words which caused Hwayoung to clench her fists, tears continuously falling down from her cheeks.

"You are not! You are doing this to hurt me! Even my friends who worked here in the company for years already never mentioned me anything about your soーcalled 'marriage'!" Hwayoung stomped her feet, not wanting to accept it, even though it's the complete truth.

Jimin turned his body to her, her heart breaking after seeing he still had the same look instead of pain she expected, "I am married! Isn't that even clear to you?!" He raised his voice, not being surprised that she's crying because it's common, especially when you're getting rejected.

Hwayoung scoffed, now being ready to bark back at him, "Oh yeah? Then prove me!" She stepped closer, "Prove me that you're marriー"

Words getting interrupted, Jimin soon raised the back of his hand, Hwayoung's eyes slowly following it's direction as she saw a shining diamond beside his pinky finger.