CHAPTER 9

Karna left for Anga, he saw and read about his kingdom, it was on border which shares neighborhood with Magadh. It was not very big but not small either. It was surrounded by jungles from every side. It was a kingdom won by Mahamahim Bheeshma long time ago and since then it is part of Hastinapur but die of not being looked after the condition is not very good there. He reached Anga after 5 days and after coming he realised the condition seems more severe than he thought. The people very living there but there was no prosperity but it seems like there is scarcity of everything here. He changed his clothes into commoner clothes and went into the city. He want to know the root of all this. He went into anga and started talking to locals. He found that the people there was harassed by the bandits and due to left being unsupervised for so long the entire system has collapsed. The law and order became quite bleak here, people were living but not a very prosperous life. Various illegal activities were happening here and due to that condition of people living here is very bad.

Karna made plans of how to overcome these things but one thing he was worried was resources, he could do little things if he didn't have resources. He thought of solving what he can now and then he would worry for anything else. He directly went to jungles and found liars of various bandits there, he captured them and likewise for 7 days he spent his time in scanning through the forests around on his horses. He retrieved the wealth thaey have but was shocked even that was very little. He didn't killed any one as they were doing this for survival and beside some snatching and Robbing they didn't do anything big like killing or other atrocities that would require them to die. He needed a spy network and labour now so these bandits would be perfect for that.

He changed into his royal clothes and entered the kingdom after 7 days in the afternoon. The people of Anga gathered to see their new king. They welcomed him Karna smiled at them. Since it is kingdom there was a palace there but it was abondoned. Karna didn't really wasn't to go there so he decided to live in centre of city till he can solve the problem of people here. Upon arriving at City centre he introduced himself as their King. After that he asked soldier to make a tent here and call the governor of Anga. After the tent was built the soldiers went away. After sometime a middle aged man entered the tent and introduced himself as Shravan, the governor of Anga. Karna told him to have seat as they have various things to discuss.

Karna asked him about the condition of Anga and said him to tell everything truthfully. Shravan told him everything that the kingdom was suffering lack of concrete system and resources. Karna was surprised by Shravan, he can see his sharp wits truth is the kingdom has gone beyond saving was because of his efforts. Even with scares resources it was because of his ability that Kingdom was running. He was person with great administration skills. Shravan told him everything, the entire kingdom needs rebuilding and everything from roads to palace was in dire need of reconstruction. There are several skilled craftsmen here but again the lack of resources was hindering them and it was because of craftsmen there that they could have little trade agreement with nearby small kingdom and even Magadh. They talked till sunset, karna went to bank of river Ganga to do his Suryapooja. After his Suryapooja, his celestial father came there.

Karna : Pranipat Pitashree.

Suryadev : Kalyan ho Putra. I have came here to bless you in your journey Putra and give you Kamdhenu cow.

Karna : Pitashree, I am happy with your blessings, you have already helped me very much but I have to do this alone with my abilities otherwise people will say at every turn of my life I have help.

Suryadev : I happy you think this Putra but you are wrong. I am not helping you Putra, it's indradev that have asked me to help him in fullfiling his boon. Putra this Kamdhenu is under his protection as he is king of swarg even I want I can't give it you. Because of his boon he has asked me to give you this Kamdhenu for 6 months and after that I will take back this Kamdhenu to Dwarka. Take it Putra.