CHAPTER 23

Karna woke up from his meditation due to his biological clock but again he wasn't prepared for scenery that he as bestowed upon him when he opened his eyes. His beautiful wife was sleeping peacefully with a smile on her face, her face was ethereal. And smiled that adored on those rosy lips were were mesmerizing to say the least but it was the condition of clothes of her that was distracting at the same time raising a fire in him. Her clothes were slightly disheveled her upper garments were exposing more skin while disheveled lower garments weren't helping him either As it was exposing her creamy white waist and somehow it managed to show her jade like calf too. Nothing in the world has ever prepared to be ready to face such situations or emotion and desire churning inside him. His love of life was laying there without any care in the world he immediately closed his eyes but a pert of him was screaming at him to open it as it was nothing wrong to see his wife like this but another part of his conscience was telling him it was wrong and he will be betraying her resulting in demolishing the friendship he has with her. Friendship is all he had with the woman he was so in love and he couldn't risk it for anything so he immediately stood up and with closed eyes he went for his Suryapooja. But even with closed eyes how can he unsee what he saw today and touch of yesterday. He rushed out of his room to get the thought out of his mind. He just couldn't understand how he can be so helpless and weak when it come to her. He sighed and went to river ganga maybe bathing in her pure water can help.

Karna went for Suryapooja but he neither had his sawl or vessel because he hurriedly left his house so he went to his chariot and climbed on it to reach the river bank as it has his spare ones along with some money for donations. He always has one tray given by Mata Kamdhenu with him and the amount he spent from it during his journey was repaid from his treasury back Anga maybe more but definitely not less. He reached bank of river Ganga and took out shawl wrapped around it then took out vessel and tray. He went and took his bath then did his Suryapooja as his eternal Father spread his first rays on bhulok. Then he asked for any petioner to come and accept donations from him. Few came and he did some charity there. Then he sat on the sand on the beach to stare at Sun enjoying the peace there. He did it several times during his childhood but due to his busy schedule now a days he couldn't but today he suddenly got nostalgic and decided to do so. He sat there for Half an hour then he returned his home. He saw his family there, his father and as getting ready to go to palace while Draupadi and Radha was in kitchen preparing breakfast, unknowingly a smile appeared on his face. Oh! How much he long for this but alsa it wasn't meant to happen. He came inside the and touched feet of his parents. They all sat and had breakfast together. Afterwards he went to his room and changed into his royal attire. Draupadi was already well dressed so both took blessings of Radha as Adhiratha already left. Both of them then climbed up the chariot to go to Palace of Hastinapur.

Karna and Draupadi reached the palace and they climbed down the chariot. They went inside the palace and first place they went to was in room of Ghandhari. Karna told a dasi to go and tell they were there. After sometime dasi came back and asked them to enter the room.
Karna went inside the room and saw Ghandhari was there. Karna immediately touched feet of Ghandhari. Draupadi to followed him.

Karna : Pranipat Mata.

Draupadi : Pranipat Maharani. Bless me I am Yagseni Draupadi.

Ghandhari : Kalyan ho Putra Karna, sada sukhi raho Putri.

Ghandhari touched their head. But she personally helped Draupadi to stand. She with motherly touch cupped the face of Draupadi.

Ghandhari : Putri, I can't see but I have heard and can tell you are very beautiful. You match my Putra very well. May almighty always bless you. Call me Mata Putri, Karna is no different from Duryodhana for me so you are also not different than bhanumati and Dushala.

Draupadi smiled feeling her motherly love.

Draupadi : Ji Mata.

Karna (Chuckled) : What Mata, you forgot your son as soon as you meet daughter in law.

Ghandhari immediately held his ears and twisted it.

Ghandhari : Now you remember your mother, Karna. Why have you taken so long for you to come? Haan?

Karna : Leave na Mata, it's paining. I didn't do this delibrately Mata, there were certain things which kept me busy.

Ghandhari left his ears and caressed his ears.

Ghandhari : Fine.

Karna : Mata I came here first now we have to go and meet my Mitra and sister.

Ghandhari : Go Putra, I was going to temple anyway.

She then turned towards Draupadi.

Ghandhari : Putri, go but come later. I want to spend some time with my new daughter. Bless you.

Karna and Draupadi left the room of Ghandhari and Karna escorted Draupadi to chamber of Duryodhana. Duryodhana was not there but bhanumati was.

Bhanumati : Pranipat Bharta, Pranipat bhabhishree.

Karna : Kalyan ho bhanu.

Draupadi : kalyan ho.

Karna : Where is Mitra, bhanu.

Bhanumati (sighed) : He is in practice area.

Karna (sighed) : You both talk I will see what is he upto.

Karna left the room. Bhanumati and Draupadi was alone there.

Bhanumati : Come bhabhishree. Let's sit and talk.

Bhanumati was once very angry at Draupadi for insulting Karna but with time it subsidies because as a woman she can see from her perspective too. She was also a daughter of King and she put herself in place of Draupadi, unfortunately she came to conclusions that many women might do the same may be not arrogantly as her but they will make the hard choice for reputation of their father. The society was extremely harsh on women and a woman has to think for several things before taking any steps. Not many were brave enough to challenge the norms like she, her husband or her brother. Alas she chose to let past be past and hoped happiness for her loving and caring brother. They both sat and talked about various things but it was mostly Bhanumati subtly asking her about life of Draupadi especially after marriage. Bhanumati too shared the tales of her mairrage and adventure she had then. Soon both binded. Draupadi found a female friend which she can say she lack and Bhanumati too enjoyed the company of Draupadi.

Karna came to practice area and found Duryodhana was fighting with soldiers. He can see Duryodhana was venting his anger on them. His friend was so engrossed that he never felt arrival of Karna. Karna simply picked a mace and came in field. Feeling a presence behind him Duryodhana turned around thinking there was another soldier behind him so he swung his mace at him. Karna skillfully blocked the attack.

Karna : Pranipat Mitra. I must say your style of welcome has definitely refreshing now.

Duryodhana (shocked) : Mitra.

Duryodhana immediately became happy and forgot his frustration. Only Karna had this effect on him. He immediately went and hugged his friends, karna too reciprocated the hug.

Duryodhana : Mitra, you came. I was waiting for you only.