CHAPTER 21

Karna and Draupadi reached to suta samaj and went to childhood home of Karna. Draupadi was amazed though Karna has told her it was simple house but she expected it to be bigger than what she was seeing afterall Karna was Angraj. Karna and Draupadi stepped down from Chariot and were standing at entrance of house. There Draupadi saw an elder woman was cutting vegetables alone. She turned around and saw Karna, she was surprised by his expression there was a smile on his face so genuine which she never saw the happiness in his face was like he wasn't seeing her but like he got treasure trove in front of him. She has never seen him this happy and elated. He was just looking at he like he wants to capture her image and because he didn't say anything she also couldn't. But the lady in front of them felt the gaze and lifted her face.

Radha : Putra Vasu!

Radha rushed to the entrance and hugged her son. There was tears in their eyes.

Radha : How are you Putra. Why didn't you come inside.

Karna : Maa, I am fine. I didn't came inside because I am not alone maa, I brought your daughter in law to meet you maa. Meet your daughter in law Panchal Kumari Yagseni Draupadi.

Radha then realised there was someone else with her Putra. She turned towards Draupadi, Draupadi was fidgeting but she bent down to touch her feet and get blessings.

Draupadi : Give me your blessings mother in law.

Radha gently placed her hands on Draupadi's head.

Radha : Sada sukhi raho, sada suhagan raho. Call me Mata putri.

She then picked her up. She cupped her cheeks.

Radha : You are very beautiful Putri, Wait here I want to welcome my daughter with all the tradition.

Radha immediately went inside to prepare. Draupadi was relieved seeing that she was being welcomed because she feared the worst, she didn't know Radha but Karna knew her mother. His mother was most forgiving person. He was sure after spending some time with Draupadi she would have liked her but he has to become the bridge so he deliberately introduce Draupadi as his wife. Radha came out and brought the aarti thali and kalash to welcome her Putra vadhu. Safety everything she again blessed Draupadi and took her hands to  take her inside the house. She took her to a cot.

Radha : Sit here Putri.

Draupadi : Ji Mata.

Karna came on her another side.

Karna (joked) : Mata, you got a daughter in law so you forgot you son.

Radha (fake angrily) : Now you remember your mata you idiot son, why has it taken you a month to come here with my daughter.

Saying that she twisted his ears.

Karna : Leave it maa it's paining. I was busy maa and Draupadi too needed to introduced to people of Anga. Everything took time Mata.

Radha left his ears and fondly caressed his hair. Karna took his usual place he put her head on her lap and enjoyed the pampering that his mother was giving her. Radha too fondly shook her head and turned towards Draupadi, she caressed her hairs with her another hand.

Radha : Tell me about yourself Putri, are you happy is my son treating you well.

Draupadi was already perplexed by Karna she never has seen childish side of him. He was always smiling but on the lap of his mother he seems like he attained moksha. She smiled unknowingly she never had mother because she birthed from yagna but even she has seen the fondness Karna had for his mother. Feeling the gentle and motherly touch she was broken from her thoughts. She smiled involuntarily feeling the care and love of her mother always n law's touch.