CHAPTER 19

One month has passed since Draupadi came to Anga, she really enjoyed living here. She is as free as Bird here there was no restriction on her whatsoever he is free to go wherever she wants, do what she feels like, learn whatever she wants. Her all requests and demands were fulfilled, she made friends with maids and several children who regularly came to palace to play with her. She got to know more about Anga through them, she was amazed hearing that reforms and changes Karna brought to Anga. She knew all the freedom that she has was because of him, he has never said no to anything she did or ask. Despite of Rocky start their friendship have blossomed in this month, she realised what a good friend and great ruler he was. The loyalty and respect he command from people of Anga is out of the world. He too was able ruler who think of welfare of his subjects before anything. The thriving economy and trade relations were proof enough of his leadership skills.

She also began respecting him a lot in this month, she saw how caring he was as a friend, though they have decided to pretend like couple in front of others but he never took any advantage of that, he was always gentleman and put her needs and comfort before. She knew all the rights she has as queen of Anga was something that even a samragi wouldn't have, they have talked most of time it was her who was blabbering about her entire days to him while he just patiently listen to everything she had to say. On rare occasions he talks he talks about his views and thinking which attracted her the most. She couldn't believe how humble and down to earth he really was, she even get to know about his generosity through others never once has he boasted about it. His thoughts about equality, and women empowerment was really something she has never heard about.

Today was another day of her training, she reached the practice ground and like always she found him meditating, it was a scenery which calmed her heart, she couldn't believe how peaceful and handsome he looks despite seeing same thing everyday. His forehead mark and sculpted muscles has always fascinated her, he looks like he is as trying to blend with surrounding, unknowingly a blush always crept in her cheeks seeing him like this.

Karna too felt the familiar gaze upon him and opened his eyes to see his beautiful wife looking at him, he never said but just looking at her every morning gets him in good mood, her pearl like Kohl covered eyes, straight nose, soft cheeks and petals like lips always attracted him towards her, no matter how much he tried to console himself that she would never be his but his heart isn't willing to listen to him and keep falling again and again for her. In this one month he saw how innocent and child like she can be but at same time she was wonderful queen who was bold and unrelenting too. God he loves her and willing to do anything for her to do same but alas it wasn't his destiny, he even fears that in future he might not be able to see her so he cherished the time he get to spend with her. He knew he can only be friends with this ethereal beauty as in her heart resides another person ‘Arjun’ and it pained him but seeing her in similar pain hurts him even more. He knows that if in future she wants to leave him and go to Arjun he won't be able to stop her, it's not that he couldn't but he won't because her happiness matters to him that much so much so that even with broken spirit he will stand beside her to support her as friend. He knew he couldn't get his love in this life but he would bear all the pain and make it possible for her to get hers.

Karna stood up and came upto Draupadi. Yesterday he got a news that Pandavas were going to return to Hastinapur and also that Arjun has married Ulupi princes of nag clan completing a difficult task hence revealing their identities to world more like he couldn't bear his defeat at Panchal so he showed his prowess there to rebound from his loss. A letter has also arrived from Duryodhana that he was invited to Hastinapur not only because Pandavas were returning but also because Maharani Ghandhari want to meet his wife, bhanumati and Dushala want to meet Draupadi and rest Kauravas too want to meet his wife. He also wants to take Draupadi to Hastinapur to let her meet his Radha maa, he knew he has delayed that too but it was necessary if he directly took Draupadi to meet her it would have been diaster and now since the relationship between them has improved and both became friends he can introduce her to Radha maa. He also dreaded about her meet with Arjun and all the possibilities that things could go wrong but he has to do this, Draupadi wasn't an object on which he has right she was human and moreover a girl who deserves all the happiness. He steeled his heart about it but there is one thing that scares him more than anything it was that she would be face insult not because of another reason but solely because she was his wife, he can take all the insults and be uneffected but he wasn't sure if he could do the same if instead of him Draupadi was one who became victim and there is possibility that Pandavas especially Arjun insult her because of that. He was sure she will be heart broken facing their taunts whic usually directed to him. He know how innocent she was so something could easily trigger her trains of thought. He wasn't sure if he can handle her heart break that too because of someone else but he had to do this.

Karna : Krishna, today we won't practice.

Draupadi : Why Radhey ?

Karna : Because we have to go Hastinapur, it's been month since you came here and we still haven't visited Hastinapur once, everyone wants to meet you there.

Draupadi : It means you will introduce me to your parents especially your mother.

Draupadi know how much Karna loved his mother, whenever he talks conversation unknowingly drift about her, she can see he practically worship his mother. She never had mother as she was born out of fire but even she can clearly feel his longing for his mother. She was also curious about woman who brought up Karna.

Hearing Draupadi a bright smile appeared on face of Karna. Draupadi saw that, it was nothing new everytime Karna's mother name or mention came similar smile appered on his face. A smile which attracted her towards him like crazy.

Karna : Yes, it's time to introduce you to Radha maa. Krishna, my parents are very simple similarly their thoughts are too simple, some of her words may make you uncomfortable but bear with it. Remember it will be because of her love towards me.

Draupadi was confused but Karna knew what exactly what he was talking, his Radha maa will surely bring up topic about children and he knew it will make Draupadi uncomfortable because of relationship they had. Draupadi was nodded her head regardless, Karna has done very many things for her so she will too do something for him.

Karna : Krishna, not only i will introduce you to Radha maa and Adhiratha Pitashree but I will introduce you to others as well. Maharani Ghandhari is like mother to me similarly mother of Ashwatthama Mata Kripi is like mother to me, Ashwatthama and Duryodhana are not only my friends but brothers, wife of Mitra Duryodhana, bhanumati is my sister in everything but blood. Rest Kauravas are like my younger brothers. There is one one person I would like you to guard against in Hastinapur that is Ghandhar raj Shakuni. As for rest well I will just say don't let their words affect you.

Draupadi nodded at that too. Now Karna has to brought up the most difficult topic which they both have never discussed about Pandavas especially Arjun.

Karna : Draupadi.

Draupadi has rapt attention to that because he never called her that ever since they became friends so it must be something important that he address her by that.

Karna : We are not going only to introduce you in Hastinapur but also because Pandavas and Maharani Kunti are coming back to Hastinapur with new wife of Madhya Pandav Arjun's wife Ulupi, former princess of Naga clan. There might be tussle for throne in Hastinapur, please don't come in between that and if possible try to ignore everything that would be said and talked about me there. Please pack your luggage we will leave Anga after breakfast and will be able to arrive sometime around sunset.

Saying that Karna has left from there, Draupadi was Shocked getting the news of Pandavas return. She knew it was bound to happen sooner or later but never she expected it will be so soon. The news of marriage of Arjun truly shook her but what Shocked her most that she near about forgot about him in this month. Her mind was screaming at her how could she forget about her first love but there was no ripple in heart, there was no jeolousy, yearning and longing for Arjun but how is this possible she thought. She knew it was not easy topics for both of them to discuss and both of them have conventionally avoided talking about Arjun but now it was glaring at their faces. She doesn't know he would she able to tackle the situation. She knew Karna knew both about Pandavas being alive and her infatuation about Arjun, he made it clear on first night she arrived in Anga.

Draupadi was alone in practice area lost in thought but after a while she came to her senses and returned to her chamber, she politely asked a dasi to help her to pack everything. Karna too called up sharavan and told him about situation. Soon they both had breakfast and left for Hastinapur in Chariot.