CHAPTER 32

Yudhishthir was shocked to find who supported him, it was none other than his Pitamah who had concerned face looking at his condition. Yudhishthir wasn't in any stable state and Bheeshma could clearly see this. This was not his grandson who always has calm expression but he couldn't discern what his grandson face depicts. Though there were no one here but its will be not right if anyone saw soon to be King of Hastinapur in this condition but all that he could do now was to hug his grandson and support him till he Calm down. He couldn't form words to console yudhishthir as he himself was completely unaware what could be reson for one who always dharm to he in this condition. He can see it immense hurt in his eyes. Bheeshma thought what a day it is whoever loved ones he saw were exactly opposite of which he usually saw and think. First he get to know about Duryodhana and realised how he messed up his relationship with him because of his faults, then saw crying Ghandhari who he wronged in so many ways, from her marriage to her children, then crying Dhritrashtra and now expression of Yudhishthir. He couldn't think what more wrong would happen, if only he knew.

Both didn't said a word for a while, support of his Pitamah calmed Yudhishthir who has learnt something that reverted his world view, belief and even questions raised about his existence. Bheeshma seeing a little calmer Yudhishthir immediately pulled him towards his personal chamber to ask what has happened because even after death of pandu Yudhishthir wasn't like this.

Both reached to chamber of Bheeshma who ordered guards to leave while hiding Yudhishthir behind him. They entered the room and Bheeshma closed chamber, he already told guard to not allow anyone near his chamber. Upon closing the door he once again saw Yudhishthir who looked lifeless there. He couldn't imagine what has happened to son of dharmraj who assured Pandu and Kunti that his mortal son would be stable and calm even in war hence nameing him Yudhishthir.

Bheeshma : What happened Putra?

Yudhishthir didn't speak but standing there as it is, so Bheeshma asked again but response he got was like someone ripped his heart from him.

Yudhishthir : Pitamah, tell me honestly do you love me or ever loved me?

Bheeshma (agast) : What are you asking Putra Yudhishthir?

Yudhishthir : Answer me Pitamah, do you ever loved me or was I only son of Yamraj, next model king of Hastinapur to you?

Bheeshma couldn't believe his ears and couldn't imagine what has brought this question to his beloved grandson. After listening to Duryodhana and some self introspection he has realised he was partial to Pandavas and here eldest Pandavas questioning his love for him. On the other hand Yudhishthir thought otherwise, he wrongly assume pause of Bheeshma as his answer, a wry and mirthful laughter escaped his mouth that clearly showing his self deprication. He simply turned to go out of chamber thinking he was just pawn for everyone to fulfill their ambition. He thought what an unlucky he truly is, for world he has everything thing even his cousins blamed same but how lonely he is he realised only even war orphans are better that him. He was going out but his hands were held by his Pitamah. He turned towards his Pitamah.

Yudhishthir : I got my answer Pitamah, next model king is all i was, am and will ever be. Don't worry i won't fall short on anyone's expectations be it yours or anyone else.

His voice was devoid of any emotions but one could clearly hear betrayal and hurt in them. Bheeshma immediately pulled him in his embrace.

Bheeshma : No, Putra. I love you, I swear on my mother that i love you, Putra. Never say this to me. I am old Putra, who do you think i live for in this world if not for my family. I love everyone. Dhritrashtra, Ghandhari, Vidhur, Kunti, Duryodhana, rest Kauravas, you, your brother all of them are my lifeline Putra. Its truth i saw an Ideal king of Hastinapur in you but that never meant all that was you to me Putra, believe me.