CHAPTER 35

All three of then sat together, and discussed in length what to do regarding what to done in khandavprast. Yudhishthir offered his assistance saying he along with his brothers would go there to help but Duryodhana told him it wouldn't be right as he would be crowned as Samrat and he wants to develop khandavprast himself. Yudhishthir understand that and know his other brothers couldn't go because of obvious lack of trust between bith set of brothers. Bheeshma though put his inputs in between but was happy being Spector because all their childhood he wants that. He saw how both of them were discussing about every upcoming difficulties.  Three of them talked then they left the chamber as Dasi informed them that it was time for lunch and also pehli rasoi of the new bride would be performed, so they had to leave discussion for later. They all went to the dining hall where everyone was waiting for them. Seeing them together was shock for them but most shocking was closeness between Duryodhana and Yudhishthir because none were prepared for that, they seem to talking freely with an ease never witnessed before. Rest Kauravas and Pandavas didn't know what to think about it. Elders themselves were surprised but happy except one. Shakuni narrowed his eyes because he can see there is something going on between his nephew and Yudhishthir, though he didn't think it was of any maliciousness or anything but he didn't liked to be out of loop, he thought of asking Duryodhana later. Ashwatthama present there was also raising his eyebrows.

Bheem : Jyeshtha, where were you and what are you doing with him.

Yudhishthir : I was with them only bheem, both me and Duryodhana were in the chamber of Pitamah. We were discussing several things. Why is there a problem?

His voice was stren though his words weren't harsh but everyone understands he was reprimanding Bheem for his insulation. Bheem words weren't unexpected by everyone but Yudhishthir words were. Rest Kauravas raised their eyebrows because they wanted to ask the same question but the stern look and decision of their eldest told them to have a coordinal relationship with Pandavas but still Yudhishthira's words were shocking for them. Pandavas didn't know what to think, usually their brother had a neutral tone but now it was harsh. Kunti to defuse the situation asked

Kunti : What were you discussing Putra?

Her voice was like adding oil to fire in anger of Yudhishthir who was withholding that within, he didn't want even to see her much less talk. Duryodhana understood that so he spoke.

Duryodhana : We were speaking of partition and Bharata Yudhishthir's upcoming crowning ceremony with Pitamah.

Now this was another mystery, both were even speaking for each other, Shakuni, Ashwatthama and Vidhur were sure something was going on, they would definitely ask later about this.

Arjun : What's needed to discuss that?

Yudhishthir : Why not, Duryodhana did an exemplary job as Yuvraj for two years so I thought it would be best if I ask for his opinion on the matter. In Fact I have decided that I would sit in the position of Yuvraj after at least his negotiations with nagraj takshak till then he would be my advisor to help me with my duties. Isn't it right Pitamah and Duryodhana.

Now this was unexpected by everyone, even by Bheeshma and Duryodhana who arch their eyebrows. Duryodhana never expected Yudhishthir to be chhupa rustam like that, but since he asked this and it will help in what they have discussed all they could do is nod. Kunti couldn't believe this was happening, because now her plan to defame Duryodhana among citizens couldn't be implemented.

Kunti : What's the need Putra, your brothers would help you and Putra Duryodhana would have to leave for khandavprastha?

Anger on Yudhishthir was bubbling up in spite of his calm face.