CHAPTER 28

The sabha was adjourned after decision of Maharaj Dhritarashtra but nobody was unaffected by it except Karna and Duryodhana. Rest everyone was in deep thoughts about everything transpired in court. Karna and Ashwatthama immediately followed Duryodhana to his chamber because they knew Maharaj, elders and especially Shakuni would have lot of questions that were unasked in court. As soon as they reached room which was anyway empty because ladies were away from politics and were busy in welcoming the new bride.

Ashwatthama immediately hugged Duryodhana : I am so proud of you Mitra. You have taken a wonderful decision.

“I don't think so” a angry voice came from entrance, they turned and saw Shakuni was there with anger evident on his face.

Shakuni : Mere bacche why have done all this? Why have you given kururastra to those Pandavas? Why have you given up the thone which rightfully belong to you?

Karna : Ghandhar Raj, my Mitra did answer these questions in Sabha.

Shakuni : Angraj I know you are behind this. You have misguided my nephew. Why? Did you forget he was one to accept you when everyone didn't. My nephew has given you kingdom and you, you snatched his despite it was his birth right. Are you spy or secret well wisher of Pandavas Angraj. Why have you betrayed my nephew?

Karna got really angry. : Ghandhar Raj....

Everyone in room gulped hearing his voice, Shakuni saw expression of Karna and trembled so much so his one leg wasn't enough to uptake load of his body. Ashwatthama and Duryodhana was also angry at his words but scared seeing Karna like this. Only at Draupadi's swamvar was when they such expression from him. The terrifying thing his fore head was glowing, he looked like mini sun ready to destroy everything in his surroundings. One step he too caused cracks in floor displaying the anger he was feeling. Ashwatthama and Duryodhana immediately held him because they were sure if they didn't Shakuni was surely going to die. Betrayal is one thing their friend hate the most either facing it or getting accused of it.

Duryodhana : Mitra, please calm down. I apologise for Mamashree. He was blinded by anger.

Duryodhana words stopped the advancing step of Karna towards ghandhar Raj which both Ashwatthama and him weren't able to deter. They know bare hands of Karna was enough to rip Shakuni in pieces.

Karna : Ghandhar Raj, Mitra Duryodhana has stopped me today but don't dare to accuse me of betrayal ever other wise I am not sure how you will end up but it will be gruesome and painful that I promise. Don't ever question my friendship or loyalty toward my friend understand.

Shakuni who saw his death in several ways in few seconds immediately nodded. He was drenched in cold sweat that were cooling his back and dripping from his forehead but even in this situation one thing strike him is that Karna was no ordinary human. Not only Shakuni but both friends of Karna too came to same conclusion. They way symbol on forehead of their best friend was shining they look ablaze and it can be felt by rise in temperature of body of their friend which was increasing to point that it stings. Duryodhana immediately turned towards his uncle.

Duryodhana : Mamashree what the hell are you saying, it was my decision. From childhood you told me how my father despite being eldest being eldest was robbed of his rightful position and still is temporary king. My mother who never got deserved respect neither for her sacrifice nor for giving heir to throne. She even has to face more difficulty and face Everyone just to keep me alive so what right, what throne are you talking about. Face it Mamashree despite the love and care I got from elders they will never make me king happily because first yudhishthir birthed first despite my mother being pregnant first. Second he is their dear, son of dharmraj god of death yamdev himself so they see him in yudhishthir. That was one of my reason to ask for partition in court, I will show my abilities and capabilities.