CHAPTER 13

STOP, I CAN'T MARRY A SUTPUTRA.

Hearing this, there are as stunning silence in the Sabha. Karna who is as going to pickup the arrow froze and for the first time he looked up to see Draupadi. He frowned at his balant insult, he usually don't get angry when someone calls him sutputra so he didn't mind now and also it was right of woman to choose whom she wants to marry. Princess could just told him not to participate and he would have left but insulting him like this was not right. The kings present there stated mocking Karna, some if kings are whom he has defeated alone in Kalinga. They have swallowed their defeat then and were feeling humiliated ever since but seeing the strength of Karna they didn't dare to say anything but today they got chance and various Insults were thrown at him.

Seeing his innocent son was humiliated, Suryadev got really good angry and harsh sunrays fall on the open hall of swamvar. Everyone except Krishna and Karna were blinded by the sunrays and kings who were mocking Karna felt their flesh burning. Nobody could see anything. Seeing this Karna folded his hands to his celestial father and asked him to calm down and let go of his anger. These people were not worthy of that. Hearing of his son's prayer Suryadev calmed down. But there is someone else who could not Calm down.
As soon as sunrays returned to normal and everyone got their sight back.

Duryodhana : Maharaj Drupad, is this the way you want your arrogant daughter to get married. No body could even lift the bow and when my Mitra did your daughter declined. Did you call us here to Insult. If you want to show you superiority only then instead of swamvar you should have ashmegh Yagna and challenge entire Aaryavrat. Why have you gathered us here, to insult us.

Duryodhana was very Angry at Insult of his friends who he considers elder brother, who helped him in every step of his life since he became part of it. It was his plan to get Karna married but he never expected that his friend would be insulted like this.

Drupad was in dilemma since draupadi has suddenly said this without consulting this.

Drupad : Yuvraj Duryodhana, it's my daughter's swamvar and she has right to decide whom she want to choose.

Duryodhana was going to say something but Karna spoke.

Karna (Calmly) : Mitra, Maharaj is right.

Duryodhana : But Mitra.

Karna : Leave it. For me please.

Duryodhana controlled his anger and sat back, he decided to never speak now. Karna then removed the string from the bow and placed both bow and string to its place and folded his hands to bow once more. Then quietly came back to his seat. His expression was blank this time unlike the smile that he usually bear.

Since no king was able to finish the swamvar, Drupad was worried because this will lead for either his daughter to remain unmarried to rest of her life or somebody to abduct her and both did not have pleasant consequences. He then looked towards Krishna for help, but was surprised to see Krishna with a complete blank expression unlike his usual smile. Krishna being trikal darshi and Narayan him know what's going to happen but still was upset by insult of his devotee. It was this reason he didn't stoped suryadev when he was raining harsh sunrays. He was pleased to see Karna's Reaction but what happened to him was clearly injustice. He knows Drupad was looking at him, so blankly said open the swamvar for brahman. Drupad who was already scared for her daughter and by expression of Krishna didn't ask and opened the swamvar to Brahman.

In the area arranged for Brahman, there were Pandavas who was watching everything, they came here just to get the Dhakchina  after swamvar of Princess of Panchal. They were just spectators except one Arjun who fell in love with Draupadi on his first sight. He was amazed by her beauty. After seeing it was Archery competition he became even more intrigued. He saw how everyone was failing. But when he saw his arch rival the evil partner of evil Duryodhana Angraj Karna lifted the bow easily he was worried but when draupadi stopped him he became happy. Not only him but Bheem and Nakul were happy too.