CHAPTER 27

Duryodhana words has caused landslide in the court one who were most shocked were none other than Dhritrashtra, Bheeshma, Pandavas and Shakuni. They all have different thoughts going in their head. Dhritrashtra was unable to think what to make out of his eldest children proposal. On one hand he wants Duryodhana to be king of Hastinapur but point brought by his son were so valid that couldn't be over looked. He from beginning want his dream to be of king through his child but he wasn't a ne to deny the wish of his child who he love so much. Pandavas couldn't believe Duryodhana is ready to give them Hastinapur, what had happened in their absence why doesn't anything make sense to them. They were doubting this was alternate time line. Bheem, Arjun and Nakul haa to play nch themselves to believe this wasn't a dream. Bheeshma was one who was torn because of everything Duryodhana has said. He spent his whole life for betterment of Hastinapur and now it's in verge of partition and worst is he himself has to admit that what Duryodhana said was bitter truth which he desperately doesn't want to accept in false hope of Kauravas and Pandavas to be one happy family. Shakuni himself couldn't believe what was happening? what happened to Duryodhana ?why did he do this all these questions were going on on his head?

Ashwatthama was shocked but he was happy with decision of his friends, he looked sideways and understood who was behind it. Karna was truly one who has such charm over Duryodhana and he was happy Karna was guiding his childhood friend towards light.

The entire court was in defying silence after proposal and words of Duryodhana everyone was processing what has been said. Dhritrashtra tried one last time.

Dhritrashtra : Duryodhana, are you sure this is what you want Putra.

Shakuni : Maharaj....

Dhritrashtra : Keep silence Shakuni, i am asking Duryodhana.

Duryodhana : Yes, this is what I desire. I will make my own kingdom from scratch and I want Anga to be independent.

Vidhur : Duryodhana but the land you are asking which share borders with Anga and Northern panchal is khandavprast, ask another place. Why don't we do equal distribution of Hastinapur. Khandavprast is habitant of Nagraj takshak.

Dhritrashtra : Yes, Putra. Vidhur is saying right.

Duryodhana : Pitashree, Kakashree i know what have I asked for. You don't have to worry as I said I want to build my kingdom from scratch and what better place that overlooked khandavprast.

Bheeshma : Duryodhana, Nagraj takshak has protection of indradev. You wouldn't able to capture the land

Duryodhana : Pitamah, I never planned to forcefully capture it. Snake clan is living there for long time, what I want is settlement with them but if worst come to be then also I have no fear till I have my brothers and friends not even Devraj could defeat or deter me.

When Duryodhana said this there was a pride in his eyes which couldn't be unseen by anyone present there. The eyes of everyone once again centred on him and Ashwatthama and Karna beside him. Three of them have similar smile of confidence and trust among each other. It was so pure of emotion that it astonises everyone, not once Karna and Ashwatthama said they support Duryodhana or not but their facial expressions express everything especially unyielding support they have for their friend. They were sitting there but not an ounce of fear could be seen in their eyes but experienced eyes of Bheeshma, Guru drona felt indifference in eyes of Karna which one brushes off as over confidence while other narrowed his eyes.

Pandavas felt an indescribable feeling jealousy course through them because other then five and their families there was none with whom they share such relationships that they wouldn't abondoned them facing the gods themselves. It was one trait of Duryodhana that they neither could embibe nor could they deny. It was this quality that made them frustrated as well they couldn't understand why Duryodhana could command such loyalty from one's he called his friends like Ashwatthama throughout their time in gurukul and now this Angraj. They saw their loyalty toward Duryodhana if it was just feeling of dept than Ashwatthama wouldn't be friends with him but them as panchal was captured by Pandavas so for the love of their life they couldn't understand how is this possible. What they fail to understand it was quality and love of Duryodhana for his loved ones which is as pure as of Ganga.