CHAPTER 34

"Yes I am on cloud nine" came a voice behind the pillars.

Attention of both Bheeshma and Yudhishthir was concentrated in the direction where a familiar voice was coming from. They both got that it was the voice of Duryodhana but seeing him there was shocking none the least. They couldn't imagine a more outrageous situation but today Niyati seems to be hell bent on giving surprises and heart attacks to everyone, especially Bheeshma. They both looked towards Duryodhana whose face was blank but his eyes held various emotions like anger, hope, relief etc. Both couldn't think what to make of any of his emotion and what was going in his mind but one thing was discernible from his words that knowing Duryodhana was happy that Karna was Kuruvanshi. The slight curve of his lips and happiness in voice was enough for that.

Bheeshma was especially surprised and shocked today was very heavy for him emotionally. So many secrets and thoughts were exposed to him that it wasn't wrong to say today he questioned his own belief let alone Yudhishthir who was doing that already.

There was imprudent silence in the room because though in front of each other, three of them didn't know how to proceed from there, their minds were Blank and words seemed elusive to them. But they are not ordinary, they are warriors who were trained to be calm and assess the situation and act accordingly. Bheeshma was the first one to recover but slightly.

Bheeshma : Putra Duryodhana, you.... How are you here son?

Duryodhana : I came here to have a talk with you Pitamah regarding partition but you weren't here. It wasn't my intention to eavesdrop on your conversation but I have heard everything.

There was silence once again reigning in the room because of the acceptance of Duryodhana. Both Bheeshma and Yudhishthir knew it already but it had that impact. Three of them looked at each other with only one question "What now?". Yudhishthir who also got his bearings and some calmness suddenly stepped forward towards Duryodhana.

Yudhishthir : Duryodhana, I am very sorry for everything me and my brothers did or thought of you. Please forgive us. I know the revelation of the birth secrets of jyes... Jyeshtha Karna is both sudden and unexpected, especially the circumstances and reason behind the heinous deed of my mo...mot.... Maharani Kunti. Please grant forgiveness to me who has failed in fulfilling duties of elder brother to you and rest Kauravas.

Yudhishthir was even kneeling to express his standing but Duryodhana caught him in between.

Duryodhana : There is no need Bharata Yudhishthir. No need. Partition was suggested by me so that we both could remain apart without any problem, after knowing Karna is the eldest brother of you five I would have at least been civil , not indifferent if it was just partition but I heard you and your vow, I am glad Bhrata. We should let go of past if for no one then for our Jyeshtha. Please forgive us Kauravas for our behavior till now.

Both Duryodhana and Yudhishthir hugged each other, silent acceptance and forgiveness was in between that hug. They both have taken the first step towards mending a relationship that is accepting their fault and apologizing for it. Bheeshma on side was looking this with so many emotions that could be described in words. Bith set of brothers should have been like this from childhood but due to fault, false beliefs and politics it didn't happen but now he saw hope, hope for bright future of Kuruvansh and there was one common factor for this that is Suryaputra Karna, he did what seems impossible for everyone else. He became reason for Duryodhana and Yudhishthir to let go of past. Rest wouldn't be to difficult as younger brothers of both are reflection of both of them according to him.(not completely true in case of both sides.)

Duryodhana and Yudhishthir parted their hug.

Duryodhana : What should we do now?

Yudhishthir : We should tell everything to everyone. Now that you know Duryodhana there is no need for his truth from anyone especially Jyeshtha. The partition could be avoided, Jyeshtha is actual heir of Hastinapur, we brother would serve him wholeheartedly.