CHAPTER 20

Karna and Draupadi was going to reach Hastinapur but it was already time for sun to set so they stopped for dusk Puja of Karna. Neither of them have talked anything during the journey. Chariot stopped near Bank of river Ganga around the border of Hastinapur. Karna climbed down and as usual he took out his spare shawl and removed his ornaments and crown, he wrapped the shawl around his body and went to river ganga for his prayers.

Draupadi's POV

Since the chariot left Anga she was lost in her own thoughts, not that she was thinking about about Arjun well not completely, she was thinking about her nonchalant attitude after getting news of his marriage to another woman. She was thinking why wasn't her heart distressed and sad about it, why is is for last one month she forgot about him, such questions were tormenting her. She was completely convinced about her love about him ever since she was as introduced to him, she fell in love with him when her father special ke of her valour, morals, soft heart etc, seeing his portrait which showed his deep eyes and handsome looks again she fell for him, she remembered how she felt her world shattered when Arjun couldn't complete the task of swamvar so why was it that only after Radhey told her of Pandavas return she again thought of him, how did she actually forget her love. Now her hear was not having any ripples when his name was once again taken? Why is is that only her mind was forcefully making her remember of her love for Arjun. She shook theses dreadful thoughts because she was convinced that she loved him only and since he can never be his so she wasn't bothered by his marriage and royal men do get married to several women for various reasons, yes this was only reason she justified her mind saying this.

Her inner monologue took entire day and she suddenly felt the chariot has stopped. Being confused she looked around and saw radhey was taking out his shawl and removed his jewelleries, crown and angavastra. She could help but stare at him and seeing his perfectly sculpted body, soon she saw him wrapping himself with shawl and hiding his beautiful chiseled chest and abs but the shawl couldn't hide his armas or stature, unknowingly a blush appered on her cheeks, no matter how many times she saw his body but her eyes always seems wanting more of such feasts. She shook her head as she saw him moving towards the bank of river Ganga. She was looking at him only during the entire Pooja and she was mesmerized as she was when one month ago she saw him doing that. Unintentionally her mind drifted to a conversation that maids have with her stating how many girls come to river bank of Anga just to see him or oogle at him, they even teased her about that she nce both of them are happily married couples in front of others. Draupadi don't know why thinking about Arjun and his marriage she also thought Karna would also marry again and he should according to her too as he was a good man deserving such happiness while it's her destiny to stay alone. Unknowingly everytime there was a pang in her heart whenever thought of radhey getting remarried but she thought these emotions came because at that time she may or will lose her on friends aside from govind. She has always shrugged these feelings.

Author POV

Karna came back from Pooja and wore just his angavastra not his ornaments or crown and climbed the chariot horse ofcourse he has felt gaze of Draupadi since she started staring him but these were little instances that soothed his heart that atleast one he loves atleast notices him. During the entire journey he thought she was lost thinking about Arjun and meeting him, it pained him but as her friend he needs to support her so he gave her privacy and didn't interrupted of her thoughts. He only stopped the chariot because it was time for his Pooja but that seems to broken her of her thoughts.

Draupadi : Radhey, why are you not wearing crown or ornaments.

Karna : Krishna, we will go to my parents house first and there I am no king or royals but a common suta so there is no need to these things.

Draupadi I as happy when he addressed her as Krishna again unlike Draupadi in the morning.

Draupadi : Should I also remove my jewelleries Radhey.

Karna : No Krishna, there is no need for that. You just have to be yourself, you are born and raised as princess so you should be like that only. My parents doesn't like complexity of royals that doesn't mean they don't like royals. If you do that they think you are forcing yourself, believe me they would not like that.

Draupadi : Oh! So we will stay there tonight.

Karna : No, I will escort you to palace after my parents see you.

Draupadi : Why will your parents not like me.

Karna : No Krishna, that isn't the case.

Draupadi : Then what is the reason.

Karna : Krishna, you may not be comfortable there, as I said it is simple and small house devoid of any luxury.

Draupadi : So, it's your parents house Radhey or do you think of me someone who can only survive in luxury.

Karna : No, that not what I was saying, i mean you....

Draupadi (angrily) : You what Radhey, tell me honestly do you think me as some proudly princess who care about nothing but luxuries. I thought you might be able to know atleast something about me Radhey during one moth of our friendship but it seems you didn't know me at all. I didn't expect this from you Radhey. You are insulting me by saying this.

Karna was only thinking about her comfort nothing else he could swear on that but it seems doing that he has offended her. He couldn't handle this like before because clearly he was at fault. Tackling an angry woman is something niether his Gurudevs nor his knowledge he got after merging with with ansh of Mahadev taught him. He knew he was in difficult situation here. He was going through all his memories to think of something to salvage the situation suddenly he remembered advice of his best friend Duryodhana who clearly stated “Mitra, if you ever get married and your wife is angry with you  regardless of situation or whose fault it is apologise and apologize quickly to her. Remember this Mitra it is key for successful marriage and Calm down a woman I tell you their anger scares even the mightiest.” Remembering the advice of his Mitra he immediately applied it hoping for best.

Karna : I am sorry, Krishna. I never meant to do that, I was only thinking about your comfort. I am sorry if you feels offended.

Draupadi : Fine Radhey, I will let go this time but as punishment you need to do two things first promise me we will stay at your parents house not only today but till we are in Hastinapur or whenever we come here.

His words work like magic and anger of Draupadi calm down. Karna mental thanked atleast once in his life his friend's advice saved him too.

Karna : Fine, but if you feel uncomfortable there tell me I will take you to palace.

Draupadi : Okay, second you will take me to market of Hastinapur or shopping.

Karna : This is fine as well.

Draupadi : Then let's go to your parents house, I want to meet your parents. But radhey are you sure they will like me I mean I have.....

Draupadi doesn't know why suddenly she was feeling like ugly wife seeing her parents in law well that was true but there was no relationship of husband and wife between them. But they both have decided to be happy couple in front of everyone which especially includes loved ones of both of them and Karna's parents especially his mother was at top of list. Karna ofcourse knew what she was talking about, the news of swamvar and drama revolving around it was pretty Famous and wife spread afterall.

Karna : Don't worry about it Krishna. My parents never judge anyone. You need not to have such fear, come lets go.