CHAPTER 10

Next day Karna woke and went for his Pooja, after Pooja he returned to his house for his meditation and yoga. Then three of them had breakfast. After breakfast Adhiratha left for work, Karna too went and changed into royal attire and came towards palace in his chariot. After coming to the palace he went to Duryodhana's chamber as Sabha was not in the session. He came to chamber and asked the das to inform Duryodhana about his arrival. After sometime the servant came outside and  he went inside. As he entered the room he saw Shakuni and Dussashan was there with Duryodhana.

Karna : Pranipat Mitra , Ghandhar raj, Dussashan.

Duryodhana : Pranipat Mitra.

Shakuni and Dussashan : Pranipat Angraj.

Karna : How are you Mitra. Sorry I was busy with Anga's reconstruction.

Duryodhana : I am fine Mitra, I understand. You don't have to say sorry for doing your duties.

Karna : I am glad you understand. So what are you all doing.

Duryodhana : Mamashree wants me to gift Pandavas a palace today. We are discussing that only.

Karna : Palace, where and Why.

Duryodhana : In Varnavrat and I really don't know why. Why should I give those Pandavas anything when they have snatched my rights. No I don't want to give them anything.

Shakuni : My dear nephew, Yudhishthir is Yuvraj now, you and your brothers should get along with him.

Duryodhana : Mamashree, you don't have say that. I would never get along with them. They already have everything Pitamah's love, everyone's support and appreciation. Why do I have to get along with him.

Shakuni : Mere bacche, try to understand. Yudhishthir will be Maharaj of Hastinapur. It is imperent that your relationship with Pandavas became goof for your happiness.

Duryodhana : Mamashree, I have told you I won't give them anything.

Shakuni : Mere bacche, I know you don't like them but what Gandhar raj is saying is not wrong. Anyway they are your cousins. Isn't it right Angraj.

Karna was frowning, two if his spies who work in palace that he met spies haven't told him about this they only told him about Shakuni's constant disappearance from palace. If the palace was just a gift then there was no need to hide it's existence from anyone may be third one who he told to keep tabs from afar would have some answers. So what is conspiracy of Shakuni here and why does he want Duryodhana to give this palace to Pandavas.

Karna : I don't understand anything can anyone explain to me.

Dussashan : Angraj, after few days there is jayanti of late Maharaj Kakashree Pandu, Kakashree and maharani madri died in Varnavrat so Choti maa Kunti does the annual rites there every year. This time the Pandavas will surely go with her. So Mamashree has order someone to build the palace there and he wants Jyeshtha to give it to Pandavas to mend our relationship with him. But I am with jyeshtha here. Why should we give him anything.

Karna raised his eyebrows.

Karna : If Mitra didn't want then there is no need to present anyone anything.

Duryodhana : Finally someone other than Dussashan agreed with me here.

Shakuni : No, mere bachche you have to gift them the palace. Angraj what are you saying do you want my nephew to have darkness in the future.

Karna : Ghandhar raj, I would never want that. If Mitra Duryodhana proved himself as better than Yudhishthir in this period then he can get half a kingdom for himself and since he would be better he will make it more prosperous than Hastinapur. In this way not only Hastinapur or Pandavas but entire Aaryavrat would see capabilities of Mitra Duryodhana. Don't tell me Maharaj wouldn't doo this for Mitra.