CHAPTER 24

Duryodhana was estatic to see Karna now. Karna was also happy to his friend.

Duryodhana : How are you Mitra?

Karna : I am fine, but how are you?

Duryodhana (sighed) : I don't know Mitra, on one hand I never wished for death all I wanted ever to prove I am better which became possible after their disappearance. Even Pitamah and Vidhur Kakashree has started to show their support and care for us after that but now with them coming back I don't know if things would work out or everything will revert back to before.

Karna also listened quietly everything Duryodhana has said. He was well aware of insecurities of his friend but one thing pleases him about his friend that  he speaks his mind as he feels he never have shrouded it underneath fake kindness but it is as negative point of view as it is positive. It's positive aspects as human beings but as king who has to indulge in politics it was severe drawback and it was this black and white view of his friend that helps Ghandhar naresh to take advantage of his friend.

Karna : Mitra, you are overthinking. So what pandavas are returning? you have proved yourself as great yuvraj of Hastinapur in front of everyone and nobody could deny or undermine it for anything or anyone. You don't have to worry Mitra.

Duryodhana : I don't know Mitra, i know what you are saying is right but still habits are hard to change and so is nature. Pitamah and Vidhur Kakashree has both to forever favor their beloved Pandavas. You don't know happiness of us when we got share of their love and care.

Karna : Mitra, you are giving Pandavas more attention than they deserve both in your life and thoughts. You are thinking hypothetically scenario but undermining what you have done in these 2 years. Mitra, may be elders thought yudhishthir was appropriate yuvraj but you have proved you are no less or even better. Mitra, let me tell you first thing I was taught it is to never crave satisfaction or worth from others. You can never make everyone happy friend but you should always value yourself.

Duryodhana : Yes, you are right Mitra but still I don't want to lose love, care of elders and my position of yuvraj of Hastinapur. You will help me na Mitra.

Karna : Mitra, I have two ways in which I can help you but only one has way to retain both.

Duryodhana : What are they Mitra.

Karna : Mitra, first one is my promise still stands to make you samrat by making you king of Anga while doing Digvijaya and rajsuya yagna for you.

Duryodhana : No, Mitra it would be injustice to you. You have worked hard and make Anga prosperous, I would never accept the crown of Anga infact I wish Anga to become an independent kingdoms and you be it's king, never say this to me.

Karna : Fine Mitra, but ever you feel you are being treated unfairly remember Anga and me would be there for you but please don't do any conspiracy or Adharm from that even I couldn't save you. I cherish our friendship very much.

Duryodhana (smiled) : Till I have you my friend, I never cared for that aspect because I know you will stop me if I went deep to that end. Now what is other options and I hope it's nothing in which you have to sacrifice something.

Karna : No, Mitra but you may have to. Other options is division of Hastinapur. Propose it in sabha yourself if the situation or argument about being yuvraj ever raised.

Duryodhana (frowned) : Are you sure Mitra, I don't think Pitamah would ever allow that.

Karna : Mitra he would understand, it's better to be far away and have coordinal relationship than to be near and always on throat of each other. Mitra, you are thinking about Pandavas and Kauravas but now you are married and soon your brother would marry too. Do you want your bitterness pass onto your children too. Do you want them to go through what you have been through. No, na. So this is why I have proposed this. I think situation may arise for division and I want you to propose it because like this you will show that it's not just thone but love, care and we'll being of everyone that you desire. Maharaj Dhritarashtra wouldn't deny you this but you will also gain support of everyone moreover let Yudhishthir chose what he wants if he chose Hastinapur give it to them. belive in god above and your good deeds, I would help you too and you will achieve everything he would have and more in terms of Kingdom.

Duryodhana was in deep thoughts especially about what being said about next generation, there is no way he wants his or his brothers children to go through that ever. He trust Karna more than himself and know his friends would never let him be wronged.

Duryodhana : Fine Mitra, I would do as you say.

Karna smiled, he know Shakuni would try to manipulate Duryodhana but he also knew his friend's trust in himself and his stubbornness. Once he decide something there is no changing in that.

Duryodhana : I feel light talking to you, Mitra. Now leave these political things and about me. Tell me how are you truly, especially how is you married life.

Duryodhana still felt guilty about it, his friend was humiliated because of his idea and even he married to drupad Kanya he know just how difficult would be such married life. At that time in excitement of getting his friend married to most beautiful girl of Aaryavrat and to prove how great Archer his friend is, he forgot about consequences of such love less marriage. He knew his friend too well, he was kind and adherent follower of his dharm and words. He also knew his friend has decided to marry only once and he would stick to that vow but now that his friend married to a woman who insulted him he wasn't sure if it was right thing to do, not that he was concerned that his friend would misbehave with her no opposite actually he was worried that that drupad Kanya would with him. His friend is too kind and generous for his own good. He still married that arrogant princess despite her insult to save her honour but world is cruel and he wasn't sure if that princess would think same. He was feeling extremely guilty about it and regretted it ever since. His friend would never disrespect woman but if that arrogant princess hurt his friend then there would be hell to pay for her.