CHAPTER 5

Karna left Mahendragiri towards Hastinapur. It took few days for him to reach Hastinapur. He reached Hastinapur in the evening, he did his Suryapooja outside the entrance of Hastinapur and went inside. Upon reaching Hastinapur he directly went to his house and saw his mother was busy in the kitchen. Upon seeing her, tears well in his eyes. If anyone asks who was he most grateful in this world he would without hesitation say hus Radha maa even before he knew truth but after knowing truth his love didn't diminish but instead his respect for them especially his mother reached so high that nobody in this universe could compare to her. Seeing her there working rejogged several memories of his childhood. He immediately wiped his eyes and went towards her in silent steps and put his hands around her eyes.
Before he could say anything Radha touched his hands and said.

Radha : Putra, you came back.

Karna : How?

Radha : Putra, I am your mother, let alone 9 years even if you come back 90 years later I would recognise you by your touch. Since childhood you are special Putra, your body is as soft as new born baby and it still hasn't changed.

Karna was surprised, he knew that he has changed from before but still his mother recognised him with his touch. He removed his hands and she turned around and karna immediately touched her feet.

Radha : Aayushman Bhava Putra. You came back. I thought you have forgotten your mother.

Karna stood up : How can anyone forget his own mother, Radha Maa.

Radha now clearly saw her son who went as a boy and now returned as very handsome  young man now. She can see his changes. He was now taller than before and the symbol of trishul and damru inside the sun increased his charm. He looks mature too and she can see he has become confident young man. Tear were already in her eyes she hugged her son who whose eyes were also brimming with tears. They hugged for sometime where rash flooded her emotions to his son. Karna too remained like this for a while, he knew his mother has immensely missed him. All this time he has his Gurudevs there with him but he was the only bson of her. He let her vent all her emotions. After sometime Radha released her hug and lifted his hands and cupped his face.

Radha : How are you vasu. You stayed 9 years from your Mata. Why didn't you even wrote a single letter to me.

Karna : I am fine Mata. I am sorry it took so long but I was with mu Gurudevs in his hermitage so I couldn't write letters to you Mata.

Radha was happy hearing this, she was glad that someone has taken his son as his student. How could she not know his wish to become a warrior and how heart broken he was when he was rejected by Dronacharya. Seeing his condition was only reason she steeled his heart to let him go alone from Hastinapur to find his own teacher. She was happy that he got his wish. Both mother and son wanted to talk but dinner time was soon so she has to prepare food not only for her husband but her son too. She told him that but Karna said he would help. Both went to kitchen and soon food was prepared. Karna said he would help instead he didn't let Radha do anything but cooked whole meal alone. He made puri sabji and kheer. After food was prepared they both came out side the kitchen in the hall to wait for Adhiratha to come back. Radha was sitting there and Karna was laying but keeping his head on her lap and she was caressing his hairs just like how it used to be when he was child. Radha wanted to ask him questions but she knew once her husband come they would have that conversation so for now she wants her child to take rest. Seeing his blissful expression in her lap reminded her of his childhood. They both were thinking of same thing. Soon the door of the house opened and Adhiratha came inside,bye saw a young man was laying on the lap of Radha he immediately understood it was his son. He went towards him. Karna too stood up, bhe touched his father's feet, Adhiratha blessed him and make him stand both Father and son didn't say anything but hugged each other. Radha was happy seeing hthe family United once again.