CHAPTER 37

Upon returning Draupadi excitedly took the gifts prepared for Radha and Adhiratha and gave them to them. Both of them took it seeing she was so elated and gifts weren't exaggerated. Draupadi then went with Radha to the kitchen and both of them began preparing for dinner in between Draupadi told her mother-in-law whatever happened today. The family then had dinner and went to sleep. Everyone went to sleep except Karna of course. He didn't know how to describe how he felt sharing a room with a woman he loves so much. They were not even 10feeet apart but distance seems like something they can't cover even after walking for eons but it didn't mean he wasn't happy being in her presence actually far from it since he accepted she can never be his he was content with seeing her from far and able to spend time with her. On the other hand Draupadi is staring at meditating Karna who seems completely contrasting from how he looks at day time. During the day he had the shine of the sun while at night he had the charm of the moon. The way moonlight reflected off his face and well built body was truly a sight to behold for her. Don't know when the goddess of sleep came and embraced her parting her from her thoughts.

A new day came and the family of Karna did their usual morning routine. After breakfast Karna and Draupadi reached the palace. Knowing the plans of karna, Duryodhana has asked someone to return his chariot to his house which seems a good move considering the amount of shopping Draupadi did. With the luggage they both reached the palace. Upon arriving there except for shivling made of glass and a heavily embroidered angavastram, soldiers aided them to bring everything to the guest chamber of the palace. Karna and Draupadi first went to the chamber of Gandhari, Gandhari upon knowing their arrival of course welcomed them. They chatted for a while and Draupadi gave her shivling and angavastram, Gandhari smiled at that. Before karna came to her life she was the most neglected person among the royal family. It's not that they don't care for her but she never got the time she deserves from them. While she fuses everything for everyone but none of her family ever asked about her well being. She doesn't blame them either, she was maharani of Hastinapur and was surrounded by her maids. Everything changed when Karna came not only he asked for her well being which brought tears to her eyes but every time he came he brought gifts, not like what king of allied kingdom to flatter the maharani of Hastinapur but as a son so she consider him as her own so there wasn't any hesitation in accepting gifts of Draupadi. Gandhari was truly happy for Karna to get a wife like Draupadi. Soo. The call for sabha came and everyone went there.

Draupadi went to the balcony with Gandhari where she sat beside her, Bhanumati and Dushala. She saw Rajmata Kunti there with her new daughter in law. She exchanged greetings with her but she didn't know why she was feeling that something is not right with Kunti. She was feeling like this ever since she met her for the first time but with each greeting her feelings were getting stronger and stronger. She decided to not ponder over this and concentrate on sabha.

Everyone sat in their designated place in sabha. The sabha was the same yet Bheeshma could feel there would be something different today, something which would shake the entire sabha and put the foundation for better Hastinapur. He was attentive to sabha more than ever. Soon the sabha began upon the arrival of Dhritarashtra. Bheeshma wasn't disappointed the first case that was brought up was harassment a low caste caused to an upper caste, Duryodhana has done his duties of yuvraj in exemplary way but that doesn't mean everyone was happy there was section of upper caste which has lost its privilege and with return of Pandavas and announcement of Yudhishthir be the Yuvraj and upcoming king they thought their previous luxury has returned which the evil omen has taken away so lo behold they didn't waste any time and came to court of Hastinapur next day where yudhishthir would Yuvraj. They were confident that they could gain upper hand and why not yudhishthir hasn't given harsh punishment to the upper caste even when they are sometimes found guilty and the king has to give importance to the words of yuvraj.