CHAPTER 38

The sabha was adjourned, everyone was leaving. Pandavas were first to leave in fit of anger because of insults and humiliation they were feeling. Unlike usual they didn't wait for their jyeshtha. Yudhishthir couldn't only shake his head, he now can see how spoiled his brothers were. On the other hand he looked at Kauravas who left only after Duryodhana told them so. People think that they five have the best unity among them but those who truly know the children of tatshree knew they worshipped their eldest. Only Ashwathama, Karna, Duryodhana and Yudhishthir were left in sabha. Karna and Ashwathama didn't leave because Duryodhana was still here, though after what happened today they could guess why he was still there.

They along with Duryodhana came to Yudhishthir, the change of Yudhishthir was very much appreciated by them.

Duryodhana: Bharata Yudhishthir!

Yudhishthir: Yes, Duryodhana, Panipat Ashwathama, Panipat Angraj.

Only he knows how difficult it is to address his elder brother so formally. He was grateful that Duryodhana came to him and along with him his elder brother was here too.

Both: Pranipat.

Duryodhana: Today's sabha was exemplary. Isn't it Mitra?

Ashwathama nodded while Karna smiled too.

Yudhishthir: I just did what should do moreover the you helped a lot and thank you Angraj your suggestion helped a lot too.

Duryodhana: You can't give all the credit to us. You did most of the work . All we could do is to give advice but the decision was still up to you to take. Isn't it Mitra?

Ashwathama was sure something was up. And the way Duryodhana was including him was definitely not usual. He feels more than him, Duryodhana was trying to include Karna as he was anyway can be called a friend to Pandavas. He has to ask Duryodhana later. Karna on the other hand was happy that these two had settled down the differences. It will make his gurudakshina easier.

Ashwathama just nodded to what Duryodhana said while one being called upon conversation Karna spoke,

Karna: Yes, I don't know what has happened but I think the experience of these two years have matured you a lot. I am happy for you and hopeful that your reign would bring prosperity to Hastinapur in the upcoming future.

Though Yudhishthir's facial expressions were calm, there was happiness in his eyes being praised like this. Is this what having an elder brother feels like he thought? Maybe.

Duryodhana: Yes! yes!

Again Ashwathama was looking with his eyebrows raised and his suspicions were getting stronger and stronger. He was about to openly ask yudhishthir as he didn't lie but at that time a maid came,

Maid: Rajkumar, Angraj, panchal Naresh. Angrani has called for you in the chamber of Prince Duryodhana.

Duryodhana: Why?

Karna: May be to give you the present he bought yesterday.

Ashwathama and Yudhishthir: Present???

Duryodhana: Oh! You both don't know. Yesterday Mitra and sister went out shopping in common clothes. I never thought she would buy us a present. Let's go. I have to see what she bought for me. Bharata Yudhishthir we will talk later.

Yudhishthir nodded, he saw three of them going away. There was longing in his eyes and has a hope that maybe there would be a day when he could be that close to his jyeshta. He retracted his thoughts. He has several things to attend to because of his responsibilities but the reason he wants to get busy is that he didn't want to meet his mother. How a day has changed his life so much, before he could not wait to see her but now he was dodging her. He also loved away from sabha hall but the conversation wasn't fruitless but he thinks it was a good start.