CHAPTER 36

Everyone in the kuru family and guests ate together and Ulupi did a ceremonial serving of sweets for everyone. Everyone there praised her for cooking skills, now it was time for her blessings and gifts.  After him every elder in the family like Dhritrashtra, Vidhur, Gandhari, kunti, subala, Yudhishthir Bheem, Duryodhana and bhanumati gave her blessings and gifts they had prepared for her. They have given her beautiful jewelry, saree and other ornaments. Even Ashwatthama, Karna and Draupadi too gave her gifts. Ashwatthama gave her a gem, Draupadi gave her blessings. Karna gave her a beautiful khanjar with gems embedded in scabbard and at the end of the handle. After everything Everyone left the dining room. Karna along with Draupadi went to the guest's chamber to rest. They reached the chamber.

Draupadi : Radhey, when will go shopping. You have promised to take me.

Karna : I was planning that in the evening, Krishna. Why do you want to go now?

Draupadi : Yes please, can we?

Karna : Sure why not? Let me inform Duryodhana and others then we would leave.

Draupadi : But I want us to go as commoners.

Karna (amused) : From where you get this idea, Krishna?

Draupadi (smiling) : From my Sakhi's in Anga. They say royals truly can't enjoy themselves because they have to maintain royal decoram. I want to see if it's true.

Karna : How will you, if you go as commoners only?

Draupadi : Oh ho Radhey, After coming back I will talk to Bhanumati then I would know?

Karna : Quite reasonable but how do you know she hasn't gone out as a commoner?

Draupadi : Women talk Radhey?

Karna : Oh what do they talk about?

Draupadi : You won't understand, leave this tell me can we go as commoners or not?

Karna : We surely can but there is a problem?

Draupadi : What?

Karna : Do you have such clothes?

Draupadi smiled beautifully at this without replying.

Karna : You have!! Tell me was this your plan beforehand only?

Draupadi (mischievously) : Yes.

Karna was surprised by her sudden request, he really enjoyed her innocence, their small talk. In one'month he really enjoyed from afar seeing her having childhood. Childhood is precious for everyone, he didn't enjoy much of it not because he can't but because he was an outcast. Yes he knew he was different since childhood that is why it was hard for him to mingle with even in childhood. When others were enjoying their childhood he was practicing hard or looking for teachers for his education. So through her, he was making memories too. He really enjoyed her laughter which brightens the entire Anga palace and just seeing her happily playing with dasis or children gave peace to him. He would never admit to herself but in his free time he looked at the love of his life and his wife from afar and the smile adorned on her face parched his thirst for such childhood. His day started from seeing her and he goes to sleep with her face in his mind. It's these little joys which he can enjoy despite their relationship of husband and wife known to the world. He was missing their personal time since the morning and opportunity has presented to make up for it. He was scared before coming to Hastinapur especially of her seeing Arjun but for him she was not his possession and her happiness matters to him a lot. He was surprised by her calm demeanor witnessing Arjun coming with other women, there was hope raised in him but he stomped it because it may be because she was suppressing her feelings because of others and that mere thought pained him that's why he didn't talk about it. He gave her all the space that she needed despite missing her presence beside him and now she wants to go out a small part of his head telling him it was to escape from the situation but that doesn't matter to him. He has promised to go shopping with her and if she wishes to leave now then he would abide by her whatever the reason be. He went out of the room telling her to get ready, he will come back after informing others.