CHAPTER 17

Karna changed his clothes and come to dinning area. He came and sat in his usual place. Soon everything was arranged and he saw Draupadi was coming with a thali and placed in front of him and start serving. There was no other ne beside them there.

Karna : Where is your plate krishna.

Draupadi : I will eat later Radhey, women are supposed to eat later.

Karna : No, not here Krishna, my family always has food at same time. Eating food alone will be awkward for me, we are friends after all. Come sit with me for breakfast.

Karna didn't have her any chance to reply and clapped his hands and a maid came.

Karna : Bring a thali for Maharani.

Maid : Ji Maharaj.

Maid went away, Draupadi was looking at Karna. She saw him smiling for first time. It really suits him she thought. She was happy for his gesture. Karna too saw he looking at him.

Karna : What are you looking sit, she will come with a plate soon.

Draupadi sat in front of him, soon a maid came with plate and placed it n front of her. She wanted to serve but Draupadi stopped her. Draupadi then served food to Karna and herself. Maid who didn't want to be third wheel left from there. Both Karna and Draupadi had their breakfast.

Karna : Draupadi, lets go. It's time for Sabha. I will introduce to them and give you responsibilities of queen there.

Draupadi nodded. Both of them went to Sabha which was already gathered. Seeing king and queen they all stood up. Draupadi looked at sabha and was amazed by its beauty but what surprised her most was how seats were placed on equal level. She just followed Karna. After reaching the throne Karna and Draupadi turned around. Both of them did Pranipat to Sabha which was returned. After that Karna gestured everyone to sit and signalled Draupadi to sit on throne which was big enough for three people. She and everyone sat just Karna was standing up.

Karna : Today, I want all of you to meet my wife, princess of Panchal Draupadi Krishna. Hence forward she will queen of Anga. As a queen she will have equal right that I have. She will be member of court and her words will carry equivalent weight as me.

Draupadi was shocked because females were not supposed to be in sabha but she saw none of the members mind or was offended it seems they were expecting that. Soon Karna introduce her to all members of Sabha. Draupadi was surprised with everything happening, she was even more Surprised to find out there is a woman representative in the court she was amazed by everything. She has heard from her jiji shikhandi how she was only exception in Aaryavrat as female present in Panchal court as none of other kingdom allow that but here everything was different and refreshing. She then saw how sabha was proceeded and decision were talking after consulting everyone and coming at common conclusion unlike what se saw in Panchal. Sabha ended after one hour. Everyone left except Karna, her and Shravan.

Karna : Draupadi, come I will show you our treasury and after that we have to address the subjects.

Draupadi nodded and followed him. With Shravan they reached to treasury where Shravan handed the report of belonging to Draupadi and Karna. Karna just smiled and handed the report to Draupadi without even looking at it. Shavan shook his head as it was nothing new, his king never cared about anything other than his subject and kingdom. Draupadi looked and has wide eyes seeing the amount of money, gems and other precious items present in there. She saw whatever present here was more than what treasury of Panchal had and by large margin. What Shocked her most was all things here are what Anga itself had and gifts from kingdom that has agreement with Anga has seperate chamber for it. Draupadi was made aware of finance, trade agreement, annual and monthly income and expenses of Kingdom. There was nothing hidden from her, she never knew almost all of things even as princess of Panchal for three months and here in just less than one day she was made aware of things she knew was privy to in panchal. It took her three hours to get a cursory glance at everything and still other things were left no wonder Karna said she would be tired. It wasn't half a day and she was exhausted. Seeing this Karna asked her to rest.