CHAPTER 25

Duryodhana thoughts were broken by soft reply of his dear friend.

Karna : I am fine Mitra, though we had Rocky start bit it can't be blamed considering the situation in which marriage happened but we easily resoled our issues and now we are friends.

Duryodhana who heard the reply of his friend forgot all his dark thoughts and smirked at his friend.

Karna : Why are you smiling like that Duryodhana.

Duryodhana (laughed) : Nothing Mitra, absolutely nothing.

Karna (annoyed) : Now, now don't play me Duryodhana, tell me I recognise that smile of yours.

Duryodhana (laughed hard) : My friend who evade woman and has straight face even speaking to beautiful maiden has such soft expression talking about his wife, Mitra do you want me to spill everything for you, why don't you confess you have fallen for her.

Duryodhana was laughing very hard while Karna was red due to embarrassment. In between talk they didn't notice arrival of another person.

Person : So my Vasusen has fallen alas.

Duryodhana and Karna turned to see third part of trio of suta, Kshatriye and brahman was there with teasing smile on his face.

Duryodhana and Karna : Mitra Ashwatthama.

They both came and trio hugged each other.

Karna : When did you arrive Mitra?

Ashwatthama : When Duryodhana was speaking about you, so my dear friend it seems not even wise and brave Karna could escape trap named infatuation and love. Ah! Mitra Vasu bhabhi seems to have great impact on you.

Ashwatthama and Duryodhana again laughed hard and teased hell out of their friend. Three friends were talking among themselves with great enjoyment well amusement for two and embarassment for one. Then Dhussan came there and told Bheeshma has summoned everyone at entrance which dulled the mood of Duryodhana because he knew mahamantri Vidhur has personally gome to retrieve illustratrus Pandavas so only reason for assembling everyone at entrance was to welcome them.

Four of them went to entrance and saw everyone was there and there is thal in hands of maid beside Ghandhari whose otherside was occupied by Bhanumati, Draupadi and Dhushala. Four of them too quietly stood in their position. Soon sounds of chariot resounded signalling the upcoming turbulence in Hastinapur. After few minutes two chariot entered through gates of palace one was occupied by yudhishthir, Bheem, Nakul Sahdev and Vidhur while on second Kunti, Arjun and a woman whom those can see can guess was princess of nag clan Ulupi. Everyone dismounted the chariot and came to entrance. They took blessings from elders while both maharaji hugged each other while crying out their emotions.

Ghandhari : Kunti, how are you sister, if you were alive why didn't you came here immediately? Why have you let us think we lost you and your son's.

Kunti : I am fine jiji,I am sorry you have to go through this but there were reasons.

Ghandhari : What could be reason to let us think you all are dead kunti? Yudhishthir you tell Putra?

Yudhishthir couldn't lie so Bheem immediately answered.

Bheem : It was neccecary Jyeshtha Mata, jyeshtha Bharata has decided to live among commoners to understand them so that he can be better Yuvraj.

Bheem's answer ruffled some feathers in Duryodhana but because of his talk with Karna has already cemented his decision so he didn't respond which surprised everyone especially Pandavas.

In midst of everything Karna was secretly watching Draupadi because he knew she loves Draupadi but what he saw was a blank expression when Arjun dismounted the chariot with his newly wed wife. He couldn't comprehend reason behind her nuetral reaction was it to mask her disappointment, longing or something else. He was secretly glancing his wife hoping to see some experience but she was just standing beside Bhanumati with nuetral smile on her face.

Arjun too saw Draupadi here and was reminded his defeat in her swamvar of his infatuation over drupad  beautiful maiden of southern panchal kingdom. But stings of his defeat from karna was still fresh as it's been minutes not months that has actually been passed. He couldn't forgot how he lost, infact he blames drupad for arranging such harsh competition and allowing his daughter to Sutputra. He has completed half of conditions even then King has allowed suta to participate, the king should have married her to him who was disguised as brahman not some Suta. He was angry with Draupadi too for agreeing with his Father if she objected then there would be his chance to marry her. It was that defeat that haunted him so he couldn't keep the disguise and showed his valour for mag clan to console himself that just completing one task Karna the abdominal Sutputra was not better than him. He married the princess Ulupi because his rival too married the woman he desire.

Draupadi was so nuetral that she herself was shocked, she thought that aft er seeing Arjun may be her feelings for him would resurface but he was considered love of her life with garland exchanged with his new wife yet she feels no jealousy, anger, betrayal etc. Had one month in environment that don't praise Arjun has changed her so much or there was some other reason she was thinking.

Trio trance was broken by words of Ghandhari.

Ghandhari : Kunti, where is new bride second kulvadhu of Kuruvansh.

Kunti : Second jij?

Ghandhari : Yes Kunti, second Duryodhana married to Kaling Kumari bhanumati few months ago. Though you might know Karna too is already married, afterall his valour was spoken through out Aaryavrat.

Kunti kept a smile, yes she heard about karna completing task of swamvar in panchal but her happiness of hearing eldest marring and ashed away when it was told to her her Arjun wasn't able to complete the task and she saw how frustrated her beloved indraputra was after that. So no happiness was left for Karna though she kept her pretentious smile and nodded.

Soon Ulupi was introduced to everyone and after her aarti everyone was went inside the palace.

A/n should I let yudhishthir choose Hastinapur or let him choose khandavprast?