Chapter 55 - The Fear

Art by Rostislav Zagornoz

Assault and Violence Warning

————————————————————

    Tired (e/c) eyes flickered open from being disturbed by bumps and the sound of crushing snow.

    She blinked multiple times before her vision finally adjusted. The roof above was scratched glass that was lightly covered by snow. She moved her legs and felt the door opposite of her and realized that she was laying in a vehicle. There was an illuminated sticker on the window that was faded but (Y/N) could make out the backward text reading "Zone 11 Capture Unit".

    Her eyes widened and she quickly looked to the front seats... but to her disappointment, there weren't two humans sitting there.

'I could've...'

    She could've seen her underground world again, the people, the robots, her friends..., her sister... She could've escaped.

    On the outside, she was quiet, still, almost as if she was still asleep. But on the inside, her thoughts and emotions were high. She can feel her eyes tear up and her heart beat quickly but didn't display any of this on the outside. The thoughts of having to spend any more days like this filled her stressed mind that the world around ceased to exist. What went wrong? What could she have done? What stopped her from being free of this?

    But the answers were clear... Ki and Akai...

    (Y/N) couldn't help the silent tears that began trailing down her face. 'Who knows how long till I ever get a chance like that again...' Until another demon offers to help her? Until she stumbles across another community of humans again? Until she sees any more Capturers again? She was so caught up in her mind that she didn't hear the demons talking- or rather calmly arguing.

"I'll pull this truck over and we can do this right now."

"Keep driving..."

     (Y/N) couldn't bother looking up at the two in the front. She didn't want them to notice her awake either. Most likely they are angry at her for trying to leave again and she didn't want to see the rage that will come.

"Look man," Akai spoke, strangely calm. "We both know that we're gonna duke it out sooner or later. I want her, you want her, but I'm not willing to share anymore. So let's pull over and get it over with."

"Keep... driving."

    (Y/N) started to feel the truck slow down until it stopped. She heard the sound of the driver's door opening and closing with footsteps walking away soon after. A second later, a long sigh that turned into a deep growl sounded before the passenger door opened and slammed close too. She could hear their footsteps walking off and to her, the air seemed to get lighter when they both left.

    She didn't bother seeing if they were actually fighting or not. At this point, she didn't care. Even if one goes down, she'll still be stuck with the other...

    The air began to get stuffy from being in the cramped vehicle and not wanting to stay in the truck anymore, (Y/N) weakly scooted herself to the opposite door and pushed it open with her foot. It just fell open, the locks were probably damaged from a past event. She lowered her feet down and made sure she was stable enough to fully stand. Her face was instantly hit with cold air so she pulled her mask down to cover herself while a tear trickled down. Then she began leaning against the truck and trudging towards the back of it, not noticing that the two demons saw her figure leave.

    When she reached the back, she took a seat on the metal cage bumper and just stared at the snow beneath her boots.

    She doesn't want this to be the rest of her life, constantly running from one demon while two others were forcing themselves on her. She's set on going home, one way or the other but whenever an opportunity arose, the guilt she'll have for possibly putting others in danger of the three demons for help, she wouldn't be able to live with herself. What may have happened to those Capturers must've not been good for Ki and Akai to have their truck... the thought of it made her feel a deep pit rise in her stomach.