Chapter-1: Let's meet Riddhima

Month of March:

    "Finally, Ritu, you won't believe I'm so relaxed and chilled after writing and submitting my last paper of my first board exam."

     Ritu replied to her, "That's true Riddhima, it literally took a toll on us but yeah it's all over now. So, do you have any plan of holidaying with family or friends?"

    Riddhima being in deep thoughts replied "Not really. What about you?"

    "Yeah, I'm just going to visit my granny in Guwahati and will spend some time there."

    Riddhima said, "I hope we study in the same school Ritu in XI standard otherwise we have to wait for the weekends to meet up."

    "Believe in Universe Riddhima, everything happens for a reason, now show me your precious smile." 

   Riddhima smiled half- heartedly. Both the friends went to their respective homes from the examination center.

Month of May:

    "Mom, I just got news that the board result will be out by the 28th of this month". 

    "Ok, Riddhima." her mom replied. 

    "Mom, may I ask you something?". 

    "Of course, my child", she replied while arranging Riddhima's wardrobe. 

    "Mom, I have been observing since February, something is bothering you both, I mean dad is going to bed at 3 a.m. and getting up at 5 a.m. in the morning and you yourself are so restless, may I know the reason behind it? What is bothering you, Mom?"

   "Absolutely nothing Riddhima, don't stress yourself on these matters. It's just that your dad had loaned some amount to some of his customers and they are in no mood to give it back so, you got it right?"

   Riddhima didn't reply but the sweat bids on her mother's head didn't go invisible to her.

   Indulging in the thoughts of what her mother said Riddhima couldn't sleep that night. 

   Suddenly, she hears the clock alarm which struck 12 and a message tone was heard by her in her phone. She saw it was Ritu and the message read, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY BEST FRIEND, MY SOUL SISTER!!!" "Oh shit, it's 18th, how come I forgot my birthday? Is it because I'm overthinking about mom and dad? Maybe" She typed a sweet thank you message to Ritu and went to bed again.

Do tell me, how was the intro....

Do comment about my first story writing....

Do VOTE, SHARE and FOLLOW me.....