Chapter 16: The Fabrication

They both reached Rathi house. Riddhima was just going to get off the car, suddenly she threw a statement towards Vansh, "Why do I feel that you know me from many years ago?" 

    To which Vansh composed and calmed himself and replied, "Overthinking leads to a fallacious mindset and scepticism." 

    Riddhima narrowed her eyes at his diplomatic reply and replied, "Good night and drive safely."

    Then she got out of the car and moved inside the house. 

    Vansh smirked at Riddhima's reply to him and as usual kept waiting for her to reach her room as it was visible from the roadside.

    Vansh took out his phone and dialed a number. 

    "Mr. Raisinghania, so how well did I execute your plan?", Mr. Rathi said while smiling, receiving the call from Vansh. 

    "Well, you were pretty good. But what if she discovers that you lied about the media reaching there?", Vansh asked out of curiosity. 

    "Mr. Raisinghania, I learnt everything from you. I fabricated the story to make her panic so when you ask her to take her out, she immediately says yes. However, do not worry, I disconnected my DTH connection before dinner.", Mr. Rathi laughed, proud of his own intelligence. 

    "Mr. Rathi, maybe you are taking Riddhima too lightly. She has the audacity, ability, intelligence and smartness to checkmate you at any moment if she finds out the truth. Be careful. I just don't want any mess.", Vansh warned him. 

    "Ok, I'll remember. Where is she now?", Mr. Rathi asked. 

    "In her room, at your home.", Vansh replied and added, "you know, what you have to do tomorrow. Make sure you're convincing enough. Work should be done." 

    "Yes, I'll do it.", Mr. Rathi replied. 

    "One more thing, I'll send you a mobile phone. It should look like you are giving a gift to Riddhima. Am I clear?", Vansh said. 

    "Yes, Boss", Mr. Rathi replied and Vansh hung up the call, put life on the car's engine and drove back to his mansion.

    The clock struck 4.00 a.m., Vansh closed Riddhima's diary after reading the leftovers. Then he hit the bed for a nap.

    In Rathi House, Riddhima was tossing and turning in her bed without getting a wink of sleep. She was plagued by thousands of questions, and her doubts about Vansh were growing by the hour. Things were becoming more complicated and confusing for her to make any sensible decisions. She shrugged off her thoughts, went to the washroom to clean herself and decided not to sleep anymore.

    Vansh woke up at 8 a.m. and came down to finish off his breakfast. His 100 seat dining table boasted Prawn pie, Sticky toffee pudding, Poached pear salad, Leafy salad with walnuts, Bacon and herb scones, all of which were symbolic of the lavishness and richness of his lifestyle. 

    He ordered one of his servants to call Mrs. D'Souza. 

    "Yes, Boss", said Mrs. D'Souza. 

    "From today, no continental food will be served to me. I want to have only Indian food. Am I clear?", Vansh ordered her. 

    The entire staff present was stunned by the order, including Mrs. D'Souza; she was unable to do anything but just a nod.

    Riddhima came down for breakfast and saw his uncle sitting on the sofa. 

    "Come, Riddhima, I was just waiting for you, let's have breakfast together.", said Mr. Rathi.

    They both started having food which was served. 

    "Riddhima, do you know your father owns a land property and you are given the power of attorney to it?", Mr. Rathi asked her, being naïve.

    "Yes, I know. Mr. Raisinghania told me about it today at around 1.30 a.m. I went out with him without informing you. I apologize for that. He told me about the affidavit which Mr. Raisinghania and you planned for my benefit. But, I want to go through the deed of power of attorney before I let you know my decision.", Riddhima said stoutly. 

    "I know so I brought it here to hand it over to you and here it is. Take it. Read it thoroughly. Let me know your decision by today evening because tomorrow is the 18th of May and you have to complete this task otherwise your enemy will try to malign your character by filing fraud cases against you.", Mr. Rathi warned her manipulatively by giving a piece of advice. 

    She nodded in positive, finishing her breakfast, she left for her room. 

    Mr. Rathi took out his phone and dialed the number, "Mr. Raisinghania, my work is complete. She will give you a green signal by evening. So you can proceed with the necessary formalities."

    "Ok. You will be the witness for Riddhima, and Angre will also testify. So, see you tomorrow. Bring Riddhima along with you at 12 noon. Ritu should not even be on those premises.", Vansh ordered him. 

    "Ok.", Mr. Rathi gave the green signal to Vansh.

    Riddhima sat on her bed and took a couple of hours to finish off the deed handed over to her by Mr. Rathi. She went to her Uncle's room, knocked on his door and got permission from him to enter. 

    She opened it and said, "I agree to sign the affidavit. Just came here to inform you." 

    "Ok. I'm glad you made a smart decision. So, tomorrow at 11 a.m. be ready, we will depart together, as Ritu will not be coming for her preparations for the entrance examination. Take all your identity, address proof and 4 copies of passport size photographs of yours with you.", Mr. Rathi informed her about the essentials. 

    Riddhima nodded in a positive light. She went back to her room and started arranging the essentials. She thought for a while and took out her phone and dialed a number. 

    "Miss. Riddhima, is everything fine?", Vansh asked her by getting a call from her unexpectedly.

    "Yeah, everything is fine. Just called you to let you know that I agreed to sign the affidavit deed.", Riddhima replied. 

    "So, did I gain a bit of trust from you?", Vansh sarcastically inquired. 

    "No. Just called you to inform, as I know you will also be present there.", Riddhima said in confidence. 

    Vansh smirked at her statement. 

    "I must say, nowadays you know me pretty well.", Vansh replied. 

    Riddhima cleared her throat and said, "I'm disconnecting the call. I have a lot of work to do."

    "Sure. Be safe and be careful.", Vansh hung up the call making Riddhima perplexed by his statement.

How was the chapter?....

Feedback in the Comment Section.....

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

FOLLOW

Take care of yourself and your family......