Chapter 20: Attack on Riddhima

After leaving the office, Riddhima stood near the main gate to decide what mode of transport would help her reach Rathi's house faster. 

    Two gypsy cars carrying about ten men arrived like a storm and parked near the main gate. As they entered the office premises, they began firing aimlessly. People started running here and there. 

    Riddhima got hell scared and she got frozen by the deadly situation. 

    John came in a hurry from inside the office hearing the firing sound, saw Riddhima was standing in a dangerous position and a bullet could hit her at any second. Without getting a second thought he ran towards her and dragged her towards the main road so that they could evacuate the place as soon as possible. 

    One of those goons saw John dragging Riddhima and trying to escape the premises. Immediately he took out a Rondel dagger and threw it in that direction. 

    Riddhima shrieked in pain. John stopped when he heard her shriek. He turned back and saw the sleeve of her dress got drenched in blood. John took out his gun and shot at that man and made him spot dead. 

    Then and there he stopped an auto and helped Riddhima to get in and ordered the auto driver to drive to the nearest hospital fast. 

    John admitted unconscious Riddhima in the hospital. 

    John, for the first time in his life was scared and nervous because he could imagine the consequences he would be facing in the next hour of his life. 

    He took out his phone gathering immense courage, he dialed Vansh's number. 

    "Boss!", John stammered. 

    "What happened?", Vansh asked him. 

    "Boss! Ma'am is injured. Come fast to Global Health Hospital", John said, closing his eyes as if he could visualize the consequences he would face. 

    Vansh got up from his chair while he was in his board meeting and he passed his palm over his face thinking about the worst things. 

    The board members got stiff and alerted, seeing Vansh's rage which was becoming dangerous with every passing second. 

    He declared, after hanging up the call, "Meeting is over." 

    Within a flick of a second he went out of the conference room, reached the parking lot, took the car and drove towards the hospital without his bodyguards. 

    John was keenly observing the doctor treating Riddhima. He sensed something and turned around and his eyes met with Vansh who could tremble with outrage at any moment.

    "Elaborate.", Vansh commanded him, when he saw Riddhima getting her medical treatment and lying unconscious on the hospital bed. 

    "Boss, ma'am completed her enquiry and waited at the main gate for an auto maybe. I was at a distance so that I did not come into her eyesight, then I heard the firing sound and went towards ma'am. I tried to evacuate that place but one of their men saw it and threw a Rondel dagger towards our direction and it hit her back right shoulder area. I took out my gun and shot that particular man and brought ma'am here.", John tried to explain to his Boss. 

    "Who were they?", Vansh asked, still looking at Riddhima while putting his hand in his trouser pockets. 

    "Boss, I have doubts about that. Ma'am was standing exactly on their eyesight. If they were Sultan's men they were there to kidnap her but instead they started firing. Moreover, they attacked Ma'am because she was trying to evacuate that place not to kidnap her.", John said.