Chapter 39: False Arrest

"Congratulations Mr. Vansh Raisinghania, you won the bid for Eastern Royals and bought the team for 2.98 billion. It will be the fourth team in the Cricket Premier League.", the auctioneer said. 

    The auditorium was full of the sound of clapping. 

    Angre was rushing towards Vansh in a hurry. 

    "What happened?", Vansh asked. 

    "Boss, we need to leave. It's extremely urgent.", Angre replied. 

    Vansh narrowed his eyes but as he saw the reporter snapping him, he realized Angre wanted to tell him something.

    "Did you snap her? I want you to trigger her existence by accusing her of the utmost. I want her to be bashed and trolled in social media so that she commits suicide." 

    "As you say, we are ready with my so-called army.", the co-owner of Freedom Media Pvt. Ltd. replied.  

    In almost all media houses, which were present to provide live news to their audiences, they saw the NCB officials park their car and prepare to put Riddhima down from the car holding the other end of her handcuffs. 

    They all rushed to her, and Riddhima was going to lose her balance but she managed to stabilize herself. 

    NCB officials escorted her to their office and made her sit in an isolated room with 4 police officers around her. 

    The Assistant Director ordered the other official to start interrogation as soon as possible. 

    "Your name?" 

    "Riddhima Dasgupta.", she stammered. 

    "Your Family?" 

    Riddhima was in a dilemma. She had her ethics and her conscience would never allow her to take anyone's name, especially when she knew that the case for which she had been arrested could drag down the reputation of Vansh, Mr. Rati and her soul sister Ritu Rathi. Her own family had already given her the cold shoulder years ago. 

    "No one.", she said. 

    "Are you sure?" 

    "Yes.", she said confidently. 

    The official asked, "From which year do you do drugs?" 

    "I don't do drugs. I'm framed." 

    "Okay, I'll begin the interrogation again after 45 minutes.", the official replied. 

    Riddhima had no idea what to do at that moment. Being a novice, she did not know how to deal with such situations and what were the tricks to answer their questions so that she could get out of the trap they were trying to set up for her.

    "Boss, let me drive. You are losing your control.", Angre stated. 

    "Keep your mouth shut.", Vansh replied in rage. 

    In addition, Vansh's reckless driving was making it difficult for his other cars containing bodyguards to provide him with effective security. 

    He parked his car with a screeching sound in front of the NCB Regional office. When the reporters saw Vansh and his men, they tried to approach him to inquire about the reason he was there. However, he was too fast to enter the office.

    "Riddhima Dasgupta?", he asked the receptionist. 

    "She is arrested. Please visit the Deputy Assistant Director.", the receptionist stated. 

    Vansh, Angre and Shakib walked directly to the said person.

    "But she said that she has no family." 

    Vansh calmed himself to understand the mental agony Riddhima was suffering through. 

    "I want to meet with her," Vansh said after taking a deep breath. 

    "You have to seek permission from the Assistant Director through a plea application." 

    "Here it is." 

    Vansh put it on his table, which made the Deputy Assistant Director furrow his eyebrows.

    There's a reasonable chance the officer wasn't aware that such problems are common for someone who runs illegal and mafia businesses both in their own country and abroad. 

    But this time, it was not with his men; it was with his wife, so Vansh sacrificed his rash behavior in front of the police officer to ensure that the case didn't become a cruel revenge case.

    Riddhima was sitting on the chair, bowing her head down blankly. 

    Hearing a cracking sound from the door, she lifted her head. 

    "Why did you come here?", she asked in a cracking voice. 

    But no reply came; rather, she saw 3 officers left, leaving only one near the door. 

    Kneeling down in front of her and cupping her face by hand, "I beg you to consider me as your family. Have you eaten anything?" 

    Riddhima nodded in the negative. 

    "Mr. Raisinghania, we will be serving her food in 5 minutes.", the officer said after Vansh gave him a tough look and walked out the room. 

    Vansh took the necessary cues to search for his foe, while being aware of the need for privacy.

    "Shakib told me while arriving at the college you stopped at a confectionary shop. Did you find anything or anyone unnatural over there?", Vansh asked with curiosity.

    "No. But, there were a lot more customers when I went there which generally never happens. One of them pushed Shakib, just to get out of that shop, but they had some words with each other.", Riddhima replied. 

    Vansh nodded his head and again asked, "What about your classmate? Is he behaving revengeful with you?" 

    "No. Now, he is more formal with me.", she replied. 

    Vansh saw the redness on her wrists caused by friction from the handcuffs. 

    The officer came back with food and opened her handcuffs and left while Vansh's stressed shoulder relaxed a bit. 

    "Be all ears and start eating. At no point are you going to say that the drugs were yours. Your confidence will be eroded and you will be pushed to the brink where you will break down, so that you will agree to their findings in order to get out of the emotional turmoil. You will be in their custody today and tomorrow they will present you at the court. The Judge over there will not grant you bail rather give the NCB officials permission to carry on with the investigation. I will arrange an isolated cell for you, just don't ask me how. My men will be in the cell in front of you. Therefore, if you face any kind of difficulty, you will signal him by crossing your index and middle finger of your left hand. At 8pm, when a team of lawyers meet with you, you'll learn about other matters related to law and order. Is it clear Riddhima?", Vansh said in a go. 

    Riddhima listened to him so attentively as if he was predicting her future. 

    The moment he saw a blank Riddhima, Vansh cupped her face again and said, "I'm only 100 metres away from this office. You are not alone in this world." 

    Giving her all sorts of assurance he kissed her on her forehead which made Riddhima freeze in place. 

    Vansh smiled at her and turned around to leave the room.

    After hearing Riddhima's words, he stopped in the middle, stunned.

How was the chapter?

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

FOLLOW

Take care of yourself and your family......