Chapter 15: Candid #RiAnsh (PART-1)

Readers need to go through previous chapters to find the connections, otherwise this chapter will become meaningless to you.....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    "What keeps you awake at such a late hour?", the person asked over the phone. 

    "Mr. Raisinghania! How did you get my number? And why are you calling me at this late hour?", Riddhima asked him, after gaining some confidence. 

    "Riddhima, do you think it is that difficult to get your number? Now, come down, I'm waiting outside the main gate.", Vansh said with confidence. 

    "What? But why? Are you mad?", Riddhima asked, yelling at him all the time. 

    Vansh smirked at her reaction, and he sighed at the fact that at least she left her professional attitude in this extreme shock from him. 

    "That you will know the moment you come down. Think about it. Maybe it's an opportunity to find something. I mean, something you are eager to know.", Vansh was saying while smirking all the time. 

    "What do you want to say? I'm unable to understand it.", Riddhima said, getting annoyed. 

    "I'll wait for you only for 5 minutes. If you don't come, I'll go back.", Vansh stated it, and hung up the call.

    Riddhima was in a predicament, and started muttering to herself, "Did he come to know about the murderer? Did he know that I was the one who killed him? Will he take me to the police station? Will he help me out to get rid of this case? Does he want to inform me about something related to my parents' murder case?" 

    Hundreds of questions came to her mind the moment Vansh hung up his call. She became restless and eager at the same time and finally decided to visit him.

    Coming in front of the main gate, she saw the familiar exotic car and the man got out of his car and said, "Sit in the car." 

    Riddhima gave an astonished look to him which was ignored by Vansh. 

    Riddhima after coming inside the car, "What is that 'something' which you want to tell me?" Riddhima was very much on point. 

    "Let's go somewhere.", Vansh stated and immediately put the engine to life and drove away with her in a flick of seconds. 

    "Where are you taking me?", Riddhima was yelling at him. 

    "Don't worry, you have not been kidnapped. We will be back in a couple of hours.", Vansh stated, while focusing on driving.

    "Would you like to have some delicious egg rolls? I mean your favourite 'hot kati roll'.", Vansh asked her to hear a positive reply. 

    "How did you know about my favourites?", Riddhima asked him back with a lot of doubts in her mind. 

    "You always forget about your best friend, who spills all your beans on strangers. I called her over the phone and her request was that I take her for a treat before she travels to Prague. In that regard, she informed me about your favourites.", Vansh tried to explain to her. 

    "Oh I see, I never knew you could receive incoming phone calls when the phone is switched off!", Riddhima stated with utmost sarcasm. 

     Vansh sensed that the lady beside him was too smart and intelligent, but giving up was not in his nature, so he came up with a few embellishments, "Did I tell you that it was a recent incident? No. She told me in the month of March." 

    Riddhima turned her face towards the window side and chose to keep quiet. 

    Vansh found a parking lot near her favourite 'hot kati roll centre' and parked his car and signalled the seller for 2 rolls. He turned his face towards Riddhima. 

    "Why were you so disturbed and scared in the morning and even when I called you at midnight?", Vansh asked in a very serious tone. 

    Riddhima started looking here and there to escape the unwanted situation. 

    "Have some water.", Vansh offered, sensing the tension. 

    Riddhima took it and had it on the go. 

    "Now, tell me.", Vansh was stubborn as a mule. 

    "Nothing.", Riddhima replied, stuttering. 

    "Riddhima, the truth.", Vansh emphasized. 

     Riddhima gasped some air to normalize herself. 

     "I visited that lawyer today.", Riddhima blurted. 

    "Which lawyer?", Vansh asked her to be more precise. 

    "The lawyer who got murdered today, you must have seen on news channels.", Riddhima stated, closing her eyes. 

    "Enumerate please.", Vansh stated, softening his voice. 

    "That lawyer was handling my parents' case, and suddenly yesterday night, he called me and told me that he wanted to hand over the evidence that he was unable to present in court due to threats he was receiving. I told him that I would talk to my uncle about it, but he puzzled me by saying that nobody else should be aware of it otherwise I will again miss this opportunity. Therefore, I decided to go there without telling anyone. As I sat in his office and asked for evidence, he got up and started coming towards me without any good reason and then tried to force himself upon me.", Riddhima stumbled with her words, took the bottle of water and consumed it. 

    "Calm down and continue. I'm all ears.", Vansh said in a low voice. 

    "Then I grabbed a flower vase and banged it on his head, he was probably already dead. After I shouted for help, someone opened the door and I ran from there. This might have been his client or someone coming to meet him.", Riddhima broke down, tears streaming down her cheeks.

    Vansh took her hand in his hand and tried his level best to console her. 

    "Maybe, I'll be arrested tomorrow. I saw there were 2 CCTV cameras over there. Maybe tomorrow all my struggles will end.", Riddhima said in a breaking voice. 

    "Your name will never ever be maligned in this case. That's my promise, Riddhima.", Vansh said, looking at her in a low voice. 

    The statement that Riddhima heard from him was like a bolt from the blue for her. "How? I mean, what are you going to do?", Riddhima asked while swallowing the shock. 

    "That's my business. All you can do is- just stay out of it. By the way, didn't you share this with Mr. Rathi or at least Ritu?" 

    "No, I didn't know how to come up with this thing, especially when Uncle told me that police and media had already reached that lawyer's office. I'm scared, really scared.", Riddhima looked at him with tears shining in her eyes. 

    "But, you should be proud of yourself. I mean you killed a bastard who tried to take advantage of you.", Vansh said with a subtle smile. 

   "I just wish you were born as a female on our next birth.", Riddhima replied, looking straight into his eyes. 

    Vansh swallowed the taunt Riddhima threw at him a moment ago, and shrugged it off.

How was the chapter?....

Feedback in the Comment Section.....

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

FOLLOW

Take care of yourself and your family......