Chapter 31: "Riddhima searched me!"

Riddhima woke up after a very sound sleep when she heard her phone alarm ringing. 

    After laying on the bed for a moment and taking her phone to silence the buzz, she saw 8 o'clock and her eyes opened wide. 

    She thought for a while that her default alarm used to be always set for 6 o'clock in the morning but how did it buzz 2 hours later or she slept so much that the alarm got snoozed.

    Shrugging off all the thoughts, she saw a message was received by her, hence opened the inbox.

     Riddhima started reading it, "Your account **********34589 has been credited with 2,00,000 INR." 

    She jumped out of the bed the moment she read it but still her mind ran in a fix whether she should be happy about the credited money or was it some alarm that something worse was going to happen in her life. 

    Riddhima took a deep breath to calm her mind from overthinking then something struck in her mind. She opened the inbox of email and tried to search the mail she received yesterday but couldn't find it. She opened the trash bin and searched for it vigorously but not even a trace of it was found by her. 

    Riddhima closed her eyes and thought about her telling Vansh about the email she received and then she slept. 

    Riddhima talked under her breath "Maybe Mr. Raisinghania complained to cyber cell and they removed it. But I'll ask him about it." 

    Keeping her phone aside she went to freshen up herself.

    After securing permission, Mrs. D'Souza knocked on Riddhima's door and left with her breakfast. 

    Satisfying her hunger, she strolled over to Vansh's work desk, opened his laptop, and jotted down some current affairs for the interview she would be facing in the coming week. 

    She found out the morning's breaking news on the news website.

"Bank manager attempted suicide and was found dead in his own apartment by his maid."~ BREAKING NEWS.

    Riddhima shuddered at seeing the image beside the breaking news, promptly she clicked to read the whole news.

    " A bank manager attempted suicide and was found dead in his own apartment by his maid who visited his house at 6 a.m. The police arrived on the spot within half an hour and after a primary investigation they concluded it was a murder. According to one of the officials the body was hanged with multiple fractures and the wound seemed like someone had brutally whipped him and the most important thing we found was that the murderer had cut his tongue and all the fingers of both hands, so that anyhow the bank manager remained alive, he could not be able to write to tell the name of the murderer to anyone. Further crime and forensic investigation will go on. The police are determined to catch the murderer."

    Riddhima got up from the chair and began to sweat profusely. She drank a glass of water to calm her nerves. 

    She picked up the phone and called Ritu, luckily she received it this time. 

    "I'm missing you, Riddhima.", Ritu said. 

    "Same with me. Where are you now?", Riddhima asked. 

    "In college but it's a break. Are you still with Bhai?" 

    "Yes, I asked him to take me home and he agreed but let's see when he does it. How is everything going there?" 

    "In general everything is good. Bhai allotted everything for me, even the bodyguards. But there is a problem." 

    "What problem?"