Chapter 46: The Zeal

"Kabir, your work is very impressive to me. Wouldn't it be better if you used Firdous against that girl? " 

    "My dear uncle, don't be in a hurry. Never forget that you are dealing with Vansh's wife. We must be very careful. Today's media trial was enough to cripple his wife," Kabir said.

    "Kabir, you know, I'm not Sultan Ahmed like that. I play my cards in the weak spots of my enemies." Sultan applauded with a shot of whiskey. 

    "Uncle, I fetch you the documents of that precious land with Riddhima's signature inscribed on them.  When are we going to celebrate our ownership of that land?", Kabir asked with greed in his eyes. 

    "You can say tomorrow we'll be owners," Sultan said, feeling elated at his win.

    Upon closing the door to Riddhima's room, she broke down. She covered her face with her hands and cried. Riddhima felt helpless. 

    After some time, she gathered all her broken pieces and walked towards the sofa. She grabbed her phone and dialled Ritu's number. 

    "Riddhima, how are you? I miss you so much.", Ritu replied immediately after receiving the call. 

    As Riddhima could no longer control her tears, she broke down once again in tears. 

    "Don't cry. I'll still say to give my brother a chance. He's always there for you.", Ritu replied to console her. 

    Riddhima was unable to share her dilemma with the sister of that man whom she started doubting. 

    But Ritu's words always encouraged her to reconsider her doubts about Vansh. 

    "Riddhima, let's just forget about it. I have a very good news. I really wanted to share with you but I stopped after seeing the news.", Ritu said. 

    Curiosity rose in Riddhima, "What is it?" 

    Ritu stammered, "Hmmm... Actually.... Arjun gave me a relationship proposal and I accepted it." 

    "What are you saying? Have you let Vansh know about it? Do you know what penalties Arjun will have to endure now?", Riddhima jumped with questions on her. 

    "Because of this, I notified you first; it is now your job to inform Bhai in the manner of your choice. Please make sure Bhai never yells at me.", Ritu disconnected the phone after putting her friend-turned-sister-in-law on notice.