Chapter 5: Did Riddhima find a Clue?

Readers need to go through previous chapters to find the connections, otherwise this chapter will become meaningless to you.....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    They were taken in custody by bringing them to the regional office. The RPF officer made them sit on a chair in separate rooms. Riddhima could feel the hustle-bustle due to the stupid stunt pulled by Firdous. She was praying to the almighty that no one should get to know about the incident otherwise her parents murder case could become weak and the murderer could easily close the case in a go.

    After a couple of hours Riddhima saw through the glass window Firdous was going with a man, in curiosity Riddhima asked the officer sitting in front of her, "Where is she going?"

    "Oh, she has been released, we got a call from the head office to release her, that's her father came to her rescue."

    Riddhima replied, "Then why am I stuck here? You took me in custody after her allegations, right? If the main victim is released then why are you not releasing me?"

    Officer replied, "Do you have any reference to any politically rich person? Call him. Then you will also be released within a minute."

    "What do you mean?" asked Riddhima.

    "Your partner in crime got released because her father was an ex- MLA and has strong political connections. He is Mr. Sultan Ahmed. You heard his name, right? He has a lot of talent in crime."

    Riddhima staggered after hearing the name, she took a lot of courage and asked in broken voice, "Is he related to smuggling anyhow?"

    Officer said, "Yes, and no more questions. We will start interrogating you after 15 minutes from now."

    Riddhima, being alone in that room, now started connecting whatever little information she got from Altaf Chacha, "Does Sultan Ahmed know me? Is he behind my parents murder? Is he using his daughter, Firdous, for his own purpose? Oh God, so many loopholes. I should inform Uncle about this, but how? I just need one chance to call Ritu or uncle. I'm sure he will take me out of this fuss." 

    Soon, an officer entered the room, and without wasting any time Riddhima said, "May I inform my family member?" He nodded and asked to write down the phone number on a piece of paper because the office will inform them about Riddhima's whereabouts. Riddhima took a deep breath and did as instructed.

    After about 30 minutes, Riddhima saw her uncle through the glass window entering the premises and somewhere she felt the relief by mere thought that at least someone in this world is there for her whom she can call and he will be there for her help at any time.

    The door opened, "Riddhima, I heard everything from the officers." "Believe me uncle, I have no idea what just happened there. I am not absolutely involved in it. I don't know what is going on.", she replied, becoming restless.

    "I know trust me, child, I will take you out from this man-made fuss, don't worry. Be relaxed. Just give me some time.", Mr. Rathi tried to console Riddhima with his words.

    Mr. Rathi, we have to interrogate her because the allegation was on her for that blast. We cannot release her without a satisfactory explanation from her and examining the CCTV footage which will be delivered to us tomorrow afternoon. Till then she has to be in custody and there is no way out.", an officer said.

    "How could you say that, officer? The one who was visible doing the crime has been released because of political power and the one who was accused baselessly is still stuck for interrogation. Is this called justice?", Mr. Rathi said in anger.

    "You may go out Mr. Rathi. You are wasting our precious time.", the officer said, seeing his anger.

    Mr. Rathi went out without uttering a word further. He went outside the building, took out his phone and dialed a number, "Hello, may I talk to your boss?" "Your name please." "Mr. Shashank Rathi", he took his own name with a lot of aura and pride. "Oh, Sorry Sir, I didn't recognise your voice. Boss will call you back within 5 minutes.", the person on the other side of the phone said. "I'm waiting for his call till then. Tell him it's urgent.", Mr. Rathi ordered him.

How was the chapter?....

Feedback in Comment Section.....

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

FOLLOW

Take care of yourself and your family......