Chapter 44: A Startled Vansh

Riddhima and Vansh reached Raisinghania Palace and walked to the 1st floor.

    Vansh opened the door of their room but she stopped in front of the door and stated, "I want to stay in another room." 

    "Why?", Vansh asked though he knew all the reasons. 

    "Whatever I said I meant it. I want to stay in another room otherwise I'll go back to my home.", Riddhima declared being stoic. 

    Vansh immediately gave her a nod to her first preference and directed her to the adjacent room when she declared her desire to return home. 

    Riddhima was happy about it. 

    With a blank expression, Vansh watched her enter the room and then turned back to close the door. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath and headed back to his room.

    As he relaxed on the couch after dinner and ensuring that his wife had a healthy dinner, he called Angre and inquired, "What's the progress?" 

    "Boss, Ray told us that he has suspicions about the guy who you stabbed while ma'am was with you. On that very day, Ray recalls, Vyom held ma'am's wrist to talk to her about something, to which she protested.", Angre explained. 

    Soon, Vansh's mind wandered back to that day where he asked her about the redness in her wrist in the private room of his office cabin. She excused herself by saying it's because of bangles. 

    Vansh was getting restless, taking deep breaths he asked, "What else?" 

    "John informed me that he had seen Vyom contacting some of Kabir's men", Angre stated. 

    "The next move will be planned by me. Let them celebrate.", Vansh stated and hung up the call.

    Riddhima took out the photographs she received in the hospital from inside her kurta and kept it below her pillows.

    Refreshing herself she had her dinner and waited till Mrs. D'Souza took the food trolley away from the room. Locking the door behind her, she pulled out the photographs and started scrutinizing them to get a hint. 

    Kabir advised her to see the ancient weapon. After seeing the weapon in the photographs with a lot more concentration, she felt strange and looked at the door inside her room which led to the weapon room. 

    Having become familiar with that peculiar locking system, she took seconds to open the door when the clock struck 2 a.m. She peered in and walked into the room silently while taking photographs. 

    She started matching the ancient guns kept there with the photograph. 

    After 10 minutes, she couldn't find a match. 

    But desperately, she was in need of a clue. Curiosity arose in her as she saw a basket behind the showcase. 

    Silently, she fetched it out and removed the red cover over it. A total of 10 guns were there, and she slowly grabbed them one by one and compared them with the photographs. 

    The second to last gun she held in her hand, she saw the photograph. 

    Bang On! There it was! 

    She started perspiring but she controlled her uneven breathing to not get caught. 

    Turning the ancient gun in her hand to the other side, she saw that the dried blood was still there. 

    Composing herself, covering the basket, she kept it where it was before returning to her room, not before locking the weapon room. 

    After putting the gun in a plastic bag, she kept it in her college bag. 

    The clock struck 3 a.m. but sleep was away from Riddhima. 

     A mission was set in her mind.

     Although Vansh woke up at 8 a.m., this was unusual for his servants, but somewhere he felt relaxed that Riddhima was with her, even if she was not in his room. 

    His phone beeped with a message from Angre, "Boss, a doctor wants to meet you very urgently. He is saying it's related to ma'am." 

    After reading the message his curiosity reached seventh heaven, and he rushed to the office in a jiffy. When the servant knocked on his door with the breakfast trolley, Vansh asked him about Riddhima while he served him. 

    The servant confirmed that Riddhima had already eaten breakfast and was in her room. After eating his breakfast, he left for the office without informing Riddhima.

Vansh's office cabin:

    "When did you give him my appointment?", Vansh asked. 

    "Boss, at 11 a.m.", Angre replied checking the schedule. 

    "Do something, call him directly and ask him to come to my cabin right now. I'm waiting.", Vansh ordered getting restless. 

    Angre left after nodding to his order.

    Riddhima was sitting on the sofa and thinking, "I just cannot accuse him directly, I need to know the truth. Finding the same kind of weapons can never be evidence. But what should I do so that at least I can learn who my enemies are?" 

    Riddhima decided to attend her college class from next week, knowing that she had to answer a lot to her friends and professors. She sighed and went to take a bath.

    Angre entered his Boss's cabin with permission and informed him, "Boss, the doctor is here. Should I show him the way to your cabin?" 

    Vansh nodded his head in positive. 

    Angre came with the doctor and asked him to sit on the sofa. 

    Vansh came over and took his place on another sofa and asked why he wanted to meet him. 

    "I'm Dr. Pradip Basu, a General Surgeon, one of my fellow doctor checked your wife yesterday when she was taken to our hospital before her court hearing.", he informed. 

    In response, Vansh furrowed his brows and said, "I want to know more details." 

    The doctor nodded and started elaborating, "I met your wife at one of the private hospitals that were sealed by the government later. Obviously, you are aware that your wife, Mrs. Riddhima Raisinghania, has a big scar at the place near her waist." 

    Vansh was clueless as to what the doctor was talking about, but maintained his blank expression listening to him. 

    The doctor said, "I guess she was 10 or 11 years old when the police raided the private hospital I mentioned with information that illegal surgeries were being performed by some greedy doctors. When the police reached the scene, they found a child being operated on but the doctors performing the operation immediately ran away from the backside of the operation theatre to save themselves. Police found the child unconscious and undergoing an operation half way through. Immediately they called our hospital and I was sent to stitch up that waist area so that no infection could take place. Within 7 minutes, I reached the scene and stitched up the waist area after seeing that the kidneys were unharmed. When Miss. Dasgupta was unconscious and a child, the police suggested that I take her to my residence in secret because the people running the racket were not being arrested until then. I kept her with me at home while treating her secretly, and the police helped me a lot in keeping her hidden. After almost 45 days the people behind the kidney racket were arrested and then police found out about Miss. Dasgupta's parents. As she was unconscious for 10 days and then she was treated by a psychologist to overcome the trauma, so she faintly remembers about the incident."

How was the chapter?

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

FOLLOW

Take care of yourself and your family......