Chapter 41: "Get out of here, right now."

As Vansh looked at Riddhima and took a deep breath, he asked, "May I have my personal assistant prepare the documents for you to support my answers?" 

    Together, the officers discussed and gave a positive nod. 

    Angre, holding files, sat on Vansh's right hand side, keeping a foot distance. 

    "We are waiting for your reply, Mr. Raisinghania.", the officer stated. 

    "I have known her for the past 18 years. Miss Riddhima Dasgupta is now Mrs. Riddhima Vansh Raisinghania.", Vansh answered. 

    The officers furrowed their eyebrows. 

    "Ah! Lemme explain you. Riddhima is my wife. We got married a couple of months back and here is the marriage certificate.", Vansh said while passing the certificate to the officers. 

    He never forgot to see Riddhima's reactions with his peripheral vision. 

    She furrowed her brows and opened her mouth to speak, but after seeing the marriage certificate in front of her eyes, she refrained from mentioning anything at all. 

    The officer glanced at the certificate and asked, "So, what do you prefer to be called as Miss. Dasgupta or Mrs. Raisinghania?" 

    Riddhima remained blank and started playing with her fingers. 

    Seeing her body language, Vansh replied, "I would love if you called her Mrs. Raisinghania." 

    "Well, let's get straight to the point. So, Mrs. Raisinghania, let us know how those drugs reached your bag according to you?", the officer asked. 

    She was looking at Vansh and he signalled to tell them the story. 

    Calming herself, she slowly started to explain the story explicitly. 

    "According to the story, then you must be visible in the CCTV footage of the confectionery shop. Right?", they asked. 

    Riddhima gave a positive nod to them.

     Riddhima was devastated by the 7-hour interrogation session. Vansh was a pro at this kind of interrogation. They felt amateurish in front of him because of his answers to their questions. 

    Riddhima was served dinner, Vansh was sitting in front of her. 

    She never looked at him after the interrogation ended, which made him restless. 

    He cleared his throat to get her attention. 

    "You want to talk about it?", he asked. 

    She kept nodding her head left and right, saying, "I understand, you're playing a trick on them to get me bail as fast as possible." 

    Vansh rubbed his brows and scowled, not believing that she thought that was a trick to have her declared as his wife in front of the world. 

    He gathered courage, "It was not a trick. You are my wife. I got married to you on your birthday this year." 

    Riddhima stopped eating and her mind wandered back to that day when she signed a lot of pieces of paper and she saw the marriage registration board outside the registrar's cabin. 

    Her eyes became red, she looked at Vansh while he was expecting some kind of out of the box reaction from his beloved wife. 

    She stood up and said, "And you've known me for 18 years!" 

    "I can explain you. Please listen to me first.", Vansh pleaded, in fear of losing her while saving her. 

    She showed her palm and pointed her finger towards the door, "Get out of here, right now."