Chapter 23: The Abduction

20th of May:

    Vansh was playing with a paperweight in deep thoughts. 

    "Boss, may I.", Angre asked his permission, peeking from the door of Vansh's office cabin.

    Vansh nodded his head and looked questioningly at Angre. 

    "Boss, as Shakib told us Kabir had already planned for marriage with ma'am on the 21st of this month, that is tomorrow, but now we have malfunctioned his plan of conversion of religion for ma'am, so he will surely utilise the Special Marriage Act. Boss, what's our next move?", Angre asked, looking at his working table in fear of his wrath.

    "Angre, send a photocopy of my marriage certificate to the Qazi, whom we met a couple of years ago and write a complaint letter to him, that on the very next day of my marriage Sultan Ahmed, the president of All India Muslim Personal Law Board, ordered his nephew, Kabir Ahmed, to execute their pre-planned abduction of my wife and forcibly convert her religion for unknown purpose.", Vansh said, being calm and composed while continuously playing with the paperweight. 

    Angre smirked at his Machiavellian Boss. Vansh too smirked at Angre when he successfully made him understand the upcoming wrath of the Vansh Raisinghania for Sultan. 

    Riddhima and Ritu were ready to depart for home from the hospital. They were sitting on the sofa and chatting about their 12th board examination result which will be published on 23rd of May. 

    In the meantime, Vansh opened the door of the cabin and watched the two women laughing and sharing their thoughts with each other. Vansh cleared his throat to get their attention. Getting a male voice the women got attentive and made a sullen face after seeing him. 

    "What happened to both of you? Seems to be you both are not happy seeing my presence over here.", Vansh stated. 

    Both ladies remained mum while Vansh was trying to crack the reason behind their behaviour. The two women opened the cabin door and moved towards the parking area of the hospital while Vansh was just following them. 

    After all three of them got in the car, Vansh broke the silence, "Will you people tell me what's the matter?", he asked in an irked tone. 

    Riddhima finally decided to reply, "Mr. Raisinghania..". 

    She was interrupted by Ritu at that very moment. "Didn't I mention you to stop referring to him like that?", Ritu reminded her dear friend. 

    "What else will she refer me?", Vansh asked out of curiosity looking towards Ritu who is currently sitting beside him. 

    "She told me to refer to you as 'bhai'.", Riddhima blurted while adjusting her sling which was attached to her injured hand. 

    "What!", Vansh exclaimed, being flabbergasted and almost shouting in the car looking at Ritu. 

    "What is wrong with that?", Ritu asked casually. 

    "Get out of my car. Right now. Just get out.", Vansh yelled at her sister being unable to control his anger because of a poor word which almost shook his relationship with Riddhima. 

    "What is wrong with you? Are you trying to order her to travel by bus?", Riddhima started yelling at him, being unknown to the source of his anger. 

    But she didn't stop there and continued saying, "You have gone nuts. Consult a psychiatrist. Yesterday you were the one who was lecturing me on my consultation with a psychiatrist. Now onwards I'll make sure that I ask for an appointment for you too."