Chapter 30: Hark Back

"Oh, Hello Mr. Raisinghania. Please be seated. Just now your wife left.", Dr. Mehta said.

    "Yeah, I know. So, what's the progress?", Vansh asked.

    "She is opening up. But she wants to leave your house. Her goal seemed to be to gain your trust so that you could loosen her security and she was ready to take that chance.", Dr. Mehta pointed out.

    "I know. Her attention was drawn to something in my home a few days ago that she shouldn't have noticed. I expected her to confront me on that but she didn't which scares me. Yesterday, she asked me for help, which is not at all a 'Riddhima' thing. I can say she was not happy with my reply as I was very casual. She expected some kind of outburst from me.", Vansh replied and he added, "Were you able to find anything about her going missing for 2 months, on those years back?"

    "No. I tried but I guess she doesn't even know that she was not at her home for 2 months. I feel like you should consult a female doctor if anyhow she went through any kind of harassment that time.", Dr. Mehta said. 

     Vansh got worried after hearing about the possibilities what Dr. Mehta said to him. His fingers entwined while his elbows remained on the table and he became restless.

    "Relax Mr. Raisinghania. This much restlessness is not even conducive to your health. But I must say you have improved a lot after Mrs. Raisinghania came into your life directly.", Dr. Mehta observed.

    Vansh nodded in agreement and he too agrees that his anger issues that sometimes made him pass out are not as problematic nowadays. 

    The doctor added, "The Intermittent Explosive Disorder you are going through which in the past made you involved in sudden episodes of impulsive, aggressive, violent behaviour or angry verbal outbursts in which you reacted grossly out of proportion to the situation, today puts you in such a messy situation that you are not able to face your wife in afraid of losing her." 

    "You are right. I'm scared of losing her. I want to tell the her the truth about her parents but I'm afraid of her reactions. Will she be able to take the truth? Is she that much strong mentally? Will she understand my situation and forgive me? I cannot live without her. She is the only purpose for me being alive.", Vansh confessed. 

   "At the age of 10, exactly after your parents passed away, your grandmother brought you to me, and for 1 year you didn't speak about your problems. Then your grandmother did a huge mistake by not consulting any psychiatrist after that which made your IED slowly increase to an extreme level.", Dr. Mehta recalled the past. 

    "In my later teenage period, I couldn't trace Riddhima for that 2 months and I was scared that if I opened my mouth then maybe her life would be in danger. I didn't know at that time that I could trust you with these things. Even when I went abroad for higher studies, my grandmother assured me she would always keep a close eye on Riddhima.", Vansh replied. 

    "Mr. Raisinghania, you did a huge mistake by losing your calmness. Have you thought about how you would handle it after your wife gets to know it?", Dr. Mehta showed his concern.

    "Frankly speaking I don't have any idea. Actually, I never thought that her own people would play such a big game. I am happy that I was able to stop it in the nick of time. The thing which scares me now is Riddhima's trust in the whole world except me. I want you to make Riddhima trust me rather than other characters in her life.", Vansh replied becoming restless.

    "I will do it. Just give me sometime. We had a session today. I think you will see the effect. But, you should never forget to take your medicines because you just cannot show the demon side of yours in front of your wife.", Dr. Mehta advised.