Chapter 1

(This fic will be told entirely from Peter's perspective)

...

I pulled my earbuds from my ears and stuffed them in my bookbag as I neared the parking lot of Midtown High. I jogged across the crosswalk and hopped over the curb, onto the sidewalk.

"What's up, Penis Parker!" Flash yelled, speeding through the parking lot in his convertible.

I pretended as though I didn't hear him, sighing and continuing my journey to the main entrance of the school. I weaved my way through the crowds of teenagers and eventually made it to my locker. I placed my jacket in my locker and grabbed my notebook as i felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Join me, and together...we'll build my new Lego Death Star." Ned spoke from behind me.

"What?" I inquired. A group of cheerleaders laughed from behind us. I quieted my voice and turned to face Ned before speaking again. "No way! That's awesome. How many pieces?"

"3803."

"That's insane."

Ned and I continued to conversate until we had to go our separate ways. I walked into my physics class and took a seat at my desk.

Ms. Warren started class, however, was soon interrupted by a knock on the door. I continued to look down at my paper until I heard Ms. Warren started speaking again. I looked up and my gaze fell on a girl I had never seen before.

"What's your name, dear?" Ms. Warren asked.

"Y/n Y/l/n." The girl responded.

"Okay, Miss Y/l/n, would you like to tell everyone about yourself?"

"Not really."

"Oh, okay. You can take a seat next to Mr. Parker over there." Ms. Warren spoke and gestured to me.

Y/n walked over and sat down next to me.

"Hi, I'm Y/n." She greeted with a warm smile.

"I-I'm Peter." I informed.

I flashed a quick smile and regained focus on what the teacher was talking about.

"Okay, so how do we calculate linear acceleration between points A and B?" She asked, pointing to the board.

Flash raised his hand quickly and Ms. Warren called on him.

"Flash."

"It's the product of sine of the angle and gravity divided by the mass." Flash answered.

"Nope...Y/n, would you like to attempt to answer?"

"Uhh... Mass cancels out, so it's just gravity times sine." She corrected.

"Correct." Ms. Warren stated.

Flash turned around and looked at Y/n.

"So she's hot and smart." Flash smirked.

I could see the look of disgust on Y/n's face as she lifted up her right hand and flipped him off. I tried to hide my smile and let out a slight laugh, causing Flash to send me a glare. I gulped and went back to doodling in my notebook.

"I'm assigning you all a project. It's due Monday and is to be completed with the person sitting next to you." Ms. Warren spoke.

I looked to Y/n as she turned to me with a friendly smile.

The bell rang, signaling everyone to get to their next class. As I was walking out of the classroom, I felt a tap on my shoulder, followed by Y/n's voice.

"Hey, Peter, what class are you going to?" She asked.

"Mr. Cobbwell; Chemistry." I replied.

"Oh, cool. I'm going there too. Mind if I walk with you?"

"Sure, go ahead."

She smiled and we walked side by side in the hallway until we got to chemistry. We sat next to each other as the late bell rang and Mr. Cobbwell started class.

...

Chemistry was now over and it was time for lunch. Luckily, Y/n had the same lunch period as me so we could actually talk. We met up with Ned and grabbed our lunches before sitting down at a table.

"I'm Ned, by the way." Ned introduced himself to Y/n.

"Y/n." She smiled.

"So, what brings you to Midtown High? Did you just move here?" Ned asked nonchalantly.

"Yeah, I just moved. I used to live in Brooklyn."

It seemed like there was more to the story but I didn't want to bug her about it. I nodded and took a bite of my sandwich.

"I'm gonna go to the bathroom. I'll be back in a few." She informed and got up, walking off.

"She's nice." Ned stated.

"Yeah, she is." I smiled.

"What's up, losers." MJ spoke and sat down beside where Y/n was sitting.

"Hey, MJ." Ned and I greeted.

"Who was that girl?" She asked.

"Y/n, she's new and nice. You'll like her." Ned informed.

"What makes you think that?"

"She flipped Flash off in Physics class." I blurted.

"I like her already."

As if on cue, Y/n came back and sat down at the table next to MJ.

"This is Michelle." I introduced.

"MJ." She corrected.

"I'm Y/n." Y/n spoke with a smile.

"I heard you flipped off Flash." MJ stated.

Y/n laughed slightly and nodded.

"Guys, get lost. Y/n is my friend now."

I placed my hand on my chest and pretended to be severely offended as Ned did the same.

"Hey, Peter, I should probably give you my number so we can meet up to work on that Physics project." Y/n said.

I nodded and we swapped phones, giving each other our numbers. MJ and Ned did the same with Y/n as well.

The bell rang and lunch was over. I walked with Ned, MJ, and Y/n until we eventually had to split up. Ned and I went to our precalculus class as Y/n and MJ went to art class.

The rest of the day went by pretty slowly. The final bell rang and I pushed my earbuds into my ears as I walked out of the school.

I walked down the sidewalk and got onto the train to take me back home. I walked over to one of the poles and leaned up against it as I felt my phone vibrate. I pulled it out of my pocket and checked my messages. I had a few from Y/n. Which read:

Y/n
Hey Peter!

Me
Hey Y/n!

Y/n
What's up?

Me
On my way home

wby?

Y/n
I just got home.

When do you wanna meet for our physics project

Me
You can come over after school tomorrow, if you want

Or we can go to your place

Y/n
Your place is fine

Me
Okay, see you tomorrow!

Y/n
See you then!

I smiled to myself and pushed my phone back into my pocket as the train came to a halt.