Chapter 8

I couldn't help but replay Y/n's comment in my head over and over again for the rest of the night and the next day. Think of it as something to remember me by. What did she mean by that? Did she mean it in the way that I think she meant it; that she was going to leave or something was going to happen to her? I still don't know very much about her and it concerns me deeply.

I know she is 16, she loves to draw (and she's really good at it), she is extremely stubborn, and she's really pretty. Other than her grandparents being abusive, I don't know anything about her family and homelife. God, I don't even know her birthday because she won't tell me. I've asked and she just says it isn't important.

I had so many questions I wanted to ask her about her life but I didn't want to pry. Did she have siblings? How come she lives with her grandparents and not her parents? Was she the girl from that drawing?

I mean I have told her so much about me, apart from the fact that I fight crime around the neighborhood as a superhero named Spiderman. I've thought about telling her that a few times, however, I think it's too soon and I don't want to scare her off by telling her I have superpowers.

It's now been over 24 hours since I found Y/n in that alley. She is now allowed to sleep and that is exactly what she is doing. I'm catching up on some PreCalc homework while sitting at my desk. I could feel my eyes grow heavy and my head began to slide out of my hand. I dozed off for a quick second before jerking myself awake, dropping my pencil on the floor in the process.

I bent down and picked up the pencil. When I sat back up, I smacked the back of my head on my desk. 

"Ow!" I exclaimed, a little too loud may I add.

I quickly looked to Y/n to make sure I didn't wake her up as I rubbed the back of my head. She hadn't slept in a while and she needed rest. Her injuries were still pretty bad and I hated seeing her like this. I wish I could do more for her and do something to make her feel better quicker but I can't.

I quickly grabbed a pair of sweatpants and a hoodie, going into the bathroom and pulling them on before returning to my room. I grabbed my phonw and found a few messages from Ned and MJ, asking how Y/n was doing. I hadn't told them the truth of why she was staying over at my house, seeing as though Y/n didn't really want me to know so I figured she wouldn't like it being shared with Ned and MJ.

I had told them that her parents were going out of town for a week or two and she asked to crash at my place for a while but got sick while staying here. I responded to them and told them she was doing a little better and that she was asleep right now before going over to my nightstand and plugging in my phone.

Y/n let out a quiet groan and turned onto her side in her sleep. She started to quickly toss and turn and let out a soft whimpering noise. Her her face contorted and her eyebrows furrowed as a frown fell upon her mouth.

"Y/n?" I whispered softly, sitting next to her on the edge of my bed.

She curled up into a ball and gripped the blankets tighter as another whimper escaped her lips as sweat plastered her hair to her face.

I gently placed my hand on her side and shook her slightly, trying to wake her from her nightmare. She stayed asleep and curled tighter into the blankets. I placed my hand on her hip again and shook her a little harder. Her eyes shot open and she sat up quickly, taking deep breaths as tears streamed down her face.

"Peter?" She breathed out and lunged forward, wrapping her arms around me and sobbing into my chest.

"Shhhhh. It's okay. You're safe. Shhhh." I soothed and wrapped my arms around her shoulders, placing one hand on the back of her head and the other on her back, tracing her shoulder blades and spine with the my palm.

We sat like that for a few minutes until she calmed down. I continued to rub her back and hold her tight as she sniffled into my shirt. She slowly loosened her grip on my shirt and body. I placed my hands on either side of her face and brushed away her tears with my thumbs.

"Wanna talk about it?" I asked.

She shook her head before placing it back on her pillow and pulling the blankets back up to her neck. I stood up and went to get up on the top bunk when Y/n's hand grabbed onto my wrist.

"Lay with me? Please." She asked, her voice weak and small.

I nodded and hesitated a second before laying down nect to her and lifting my arm up, gesturing for her to lay in my arms. She wiggled into my grasp and rested her head onto my collarbone, wrapping her arms around my torso and nestling into my shirt. I placed my chin onto the top of her head as her breathing slowed and thinned out before she fell back asleep in my arms.

I stroked her hair as my mind raced with thoughts of what Y/n had to go through all her life. She seemed so touch deprived and broken once she let me in a little. I sighed and my eyelids began to droop. I let them flutter closed, falling asleep almost directly after my mind settled down.