Chapter 39

"It was my grandma." She paused and I gulped, sudden anger filling my body. "She told me to get back there and get my stuff out of her house before she..."

She looked to me, fear of going back there showing in her eyes.

"Before she what?" I asked.

"Before she kills me. Peter, she threatened to kill me." She choked out, tears starting to slide down her face.

I clenched my hands into fists to the point my nails were digging into my palms, almost penetrating through the skin. She looked down at her hands. I placed my hand on her back, rubbing it up and down to comfort her.

"You don't have to go back there." I spoke, wiping her tears away with my thumb.

"No, I do. There's things in my room that belonged to my dad. I've been wanting to get them but I'm terrified of going back there." She informed, sniffing.

"Are you sure? I can go down there for you."

"No, she said that I had to come and I couldn't have someone do it for me. She said if I did she would kill them upon knocking."

"Okay. But if you're going back, I'm going with you, no questions asked."

She nodded and sniffed again. I wrapped my arms around her shoulders and pulled her into a warm and tight embrace, kissing the top of her head as I held her in my arms.

After a few minutes, Y/n sniffed again and pulled away from me. I wiped away the few tears that slid down her face with my thumb before kissing her forehead.

"I'm going to go take a shower and get dressed."She spoke.

She got up and grabbed some clothes and her phone before walking out of the room and into the bathroom.

I sighed and ran my hand over my face before running it through my hair. I slid out of bed and walked over to my closet, grabbing something to wear. I pulled off my clothes I had slept in and changed into a black t-shirt and jeans. I grabbed my phone and walked out of the room, going into the kitchen.

May was already at work so I couldn't tell her where we were about to go. It's probably best that she doesn't know. May was the only person beside me who knew about Y/n's relationship with her grandparents and she didn't like the thought of either of us going to their house for anything. Neither do I, but I need to go to protect Y/n. I'm not just going to let her go there by herself with the possibility of her getting hurt, or worse; her not being able to come back.

I made both Y/n and I breakfast and put it on plates as I heard the bathroom door open. Y/n walked out and down the hall, coming into the kitchen and sitting down at the table with me.

We ate and then came the moment we were dreading. I wanted to stop Y/n from going, but I knew she was hating the idea of going back there as much as I was.

I grabbed my keys off the kitchen counter and we walked out of the apartment, going out onto the sidewalk and getting into my car. I put the key in the ignition and started the car before looking to Y/n and driving off.

"Where's their house?" I asked.

"A few blocks from here." Y/n informed.

I nodded and we went back into silence.

It was about five minutes until we arrived at the house. I pulled the car off to the side of the street next to the curb and unbuckled my seatbelt, as did Y/n. Y/n was biting her nails and nervously tapping her non-casted foot on the floor of the car. I reached over and grabbed her hand closest to me, linking my fingers with hers.

"It's gonna be okay. I'll be here with you the entire time." I assured, squeezing her hand slightly.

She looked up at me and flashed me a weak smile, visible fear being shown with the expression. I rubbed my thumb on the back of her hand to comfort her as best I could.

"Ready to get this over with?" I asked.

She slowly nodded and I let go of her hand, getting out of the car. I walked over to her side and opened the door, helping her out and handing her crutches to her. We begrudgingly walked up to the door of the house.

The house looked exactly as it did in the drawing.

Y/n knocked on the door and it flung open, Y/n's grandma standing on the other side of it, anger lacing their faces as they looked us up and down. I heard Y/n gulp and her body tensed.

"Oh look, she brought a boy. He's probably the one who put her in that cast. I bet she's pregnant as well." Her grandmother spoke.

I gulped and balled my hands into fists. Y/n looked like she was expecting this but didn't say anything.

"Get your shit out of my house before I burn it with you in the room." She hissed, venom lacing her voice.

I inhaled deeply as Y/n rolled her eyes and pushed past her grandmother and into the house. Her grandma dramatically lost balance and stepped backwards.

"Watch where you're going, bitch." She groaned.

This isn't going to end well. I just know it.