Chapter 36

Y/n handed me her crutches and I grabbed them from her before wrapping my arm around her waist as she draped her arm over my shoulders.

I helped her up the steps and opened the door to the roof before handing her crutches back to her and walking slightly in front of her to make sure everything was still in tact.

Y/n came over and smiled widely, looking around at the scene in front of her. She looked back to me but her smile dropped and her face contorted into a look of confusion.

"Last time I checked, which was like 3 hours ago, you had a cast on your arm. Where did it go?" She asked.

"I cut it off. My arm has been healed for a while now, I just didn't wan't to get rid of what you drew on it." I informed, an awkward smile on my face.

"Can you get this thing off my leg too? It's very annoying." She asked, gesturing to her cast.

"No can do. Sorry."

She frowned and I walked over to her, grabbing her crutches and helping her over to the blanket and snacks. She sat down and I followed shortly after. I passed Y/n a few snacks and a drink before opening my laptop and turning on Netflix.

"We're watching Supernatural and you have no choice but to agree." Y/n spoke sternly.

I laughed and turned on the Pilot episode of Supernatural. 

About half way through the fourth episode, Y/n inched closer to me and hugged my torso, laying her head on my chest. I wrapped my now non-casted arm around her shoulders and placed a kiss on her forehead, pulling her closer to me as well.

I could feel her starting to shiver so I grabbed an extra blanket from beside me and draped it over the both of us.

"We can go inside if you're cold." I informed.

"I'm fine. Let's finish the episode first." She smiled and cuddled closer to me.

I nodded and rested my head on top of hers, finishing the rest of the episode we were on. Once it was over, I stood and helped Y/n up as well, grabbing her crutches and handing them to her. I grabbed my laptop and quickly picked up all the stuff we brought up there, stuffing it back into the tote bag. I would come back later for the lights.

I opened the door for Y/n and took her crutches from her before wrapping my arm around her waist. She draped her arm over my shoulders for extra support as she hopped down the stairs on one foot.

Once we were back downstairs, I handed Y/n her crutches and we walked back down the hall and back to the apartment. I unlocked the door and held it open for Y/n while she came in. I closed the door behind her and relocked it before following her into the living room and sitting the stuff down on the coffee table by the couch.

I walked down the hall and knocked on May's bedroom door.

No answer.

I knocked again.

Still no answer.

I opened the door and popped my head in, finding May alseep in her bed. I walked over and pulled the blankets up to her neck before walking back out of the room and closing the door behind me.

I walked back into the living room. Y/n was sitting on the couch, her phone in her hand. She was talking to someone on video chatting with someone.

"Who's that?" I asked curiously.

"MJ." Y/n responded.

I walked over, standing behind her and the couch.

"Hey, MJ." I greeted, placing my hands on the back of the couch on either side of Y/n.

I could see Y/n tense up. My face fell and I quickly removed my hands from where they were postitioned before walking around the couch, flopping down next to her.

Is she afraid I'm going to hit her? She knows I would never hurt her, right?

"Sup, Loser." MJ spoke, snapping me from my thoughts.

Y/n turned her phone so that she and I were in frame and MJ could see us both. I shot MJ a glare through the phone.

"I'm not a loser." I defended.

"Yes you are." MJ replied.

I rolled my eyes and laid back on the couch, resting my head on the armrest and putting one of my hands behind my head, my legs stretching across Y/n's lap.

"So, you two dating yet?" MJ blurted.

My face grew red, as did Y/n's. I cleared my throat and Y/n spoke for me.

"We actually just got back from the redo of our first date." Y/n informed.

"Gross. Okay, I have a cult meeting to get to. See ya!" MJ stated, hanging up before we could respond.

"Cult meeting?" I laughed.

Y/n just shrugged with a smile on her face. I sat up a little bit and removed my feet from Y/n's lap. She moved over and laid next to me, her face pressed gently into my shirt as I rested my hands on her back, my arms encasing her in a warm, protective embrace. We laid in comfortable silence for a few minutes before I spoke.

"Can I ask you something?" I asked.

"Yeah." She mumbled into my shirt.

I let out a deep breath and briefly closed my eyes, trying to figure out how to ask this. Y/n lifted her head up.

"What's wrong?" She asked, a look of concern lacing her face.

"A-Are you afraid I'm going to hurt you?"