Chapter 11

"You can't do that!" Y/n shouted loudly.

We had been playing Mario Kart for over two hours now and Y/n kept shouting everytime someone would pass her or slow her down. She was currently in 4th place, I was now in 3rd, Ned was in 2nd, and MJ was in 1st.

"Yes I can!" I laughed.

I had driven up behind her and hit her with a red shell power up before speeding past her with a demonic laugh and passing Ned as well. She dropped a few places and was now in 7th.

"Ned, tell him he can't do that!"

"Actually, Y/n, he can." Ned responded.

Y/n shot him a glare before looking to MJ who just stared back at her with the 'I'm not a part of this' face. Y/n groaned and tossed her controller onto the couch beside her, not caring to finish the race that had only a few seconds left as she shoveled a handful of Sour Patch Kids into her mouth, not even fazed by the sourness.

"I'm done with this game." She announced and flipped herself around, resting her legs on the back of the couch as she hung her head upside-down off the side between Ned and I.

"Wanna watch a movie instead?" I asked, mentally screaming and cheering in my head as I passed MJ and finished the race in first place.

"Sure. What movie?"

"Star-" Ned and I began to speak in unison but MJ interupted

"Not Star Wars." MJ stated.

"Why not?" I asked.

"We watch that every time we are over here."

I huffed and crossed my arms, as did Ned. We argued over what movie to watch for another half an hour before finally coming to an agreement to just play another game and talk.

"Peter, go put the pants on!" Y/n exclaimed, interupting the silence between the four of us as we played a game of Uno.

She held out the bag with a childish grin on her face. I sighed and flung my head back, resting it on the couch cushions before tossing my last three cards onto the coffee table and getting up, taking the bag from Y/n's hands. I walked into my room and pulled on the pants along with a different t-shirt. When I came back into the living room, Ned, MJ, and Y/n were all changed into their pajamas as well.

Ned had on a t-shirt and a pair of Star Wars pajama pants. MJ had on a plain, light gray, long sleeve shirt and a pair of black sweatpants. However, Y/n caught my eye. She was wearing a blueish colored sweatshirt that looked a lot like the one I had, along with a pair of black leggings and a pair of fuzzy blue socks.

They all pulled out their phones once they saw that I walked into the room. I gave them my best bitch face but it did nothing. They continued to take pictures and record videos as I just stood there.

"Do a spin!" Y/n cheered.

I gave in and put my hands on my hips, doing a 360 and striking a model pose.

"Are you done?" I asked after a minute, my fake annoyance faltered and a smile broke onto my face as I spoke.

"Fine." Y/n sighed.

"Is that my sweatshirt?" I gestured to the shirt she was wearing.

"Yes, I stole it and you are not getting it back." She smiled cutely.

Damn it. That smile. I playfully huffed and walked over to them, flopping down on the couch next to Y/n. 

We all talked and laughed for a while and ordered a pizza for dinner. We ate and played some more Mario Kart before turning on a movie that we actually all agreed on.

At some point during the movie, I looked over to Y/n. She was curled up into a ball with her head resting on the armrest of the couch and a fuzzy blanket pulled up to her neck as she peacefully slept. I smiled to myself and MJ looked up to me.

"You like her." She stated blankly, her question drawing Ned's attention to me.

"What? Noo." I lied, unconvincingly, my voice raising a few octives as I spoke.

"You do!" Ned exclaimed.

"Shhh! Quiet down. She's asleep and you're going to wake her up."

I looked back over to Y/n who stirred in her sleep and turned onto her other side so she was facing the back of the couch. She made a soft and quiet noise as she cuddled into the blanket.

"You like her!" He whisper yelled.

I rolled my eyes and ignored their conversating as I directed my gaze back to the TV.

"You should ask her to homecoming." Ned blurted.

"She's one of my best friends. I'm not ruining that by admitting my feelings." I stated, not looking away from the movie that was on.

Ned and MJ groaned and exchanged looks. They were planning something and I did not want to be a part of it.

"I'm going to bed. Night." MJ informed and pushed me off the couch so she could lay down.

"Me too." Ned spoke before laying down on the floor.

I grabbed the sprite can off the table and took a drink. What if she does like me back? Should I ask her? No it's too soon. We've only known each other for like a month. She's amazing though.

I let my mind wander with different thoughts and scenarios before deciding to go to sleep. I grabbed my pillow and laid it down on the floor before laying down and resting my head on it, pulling a blanket up to my shoulders and dozing off.