Chapter 17

The sun peaked through my window and shined in my eyes as I let them flutter open. I groaned and turned onto my side. There was a sudden crash which came from the kitchen. I jolted awake and jumped out of bed.

"Y/n? May?" I called.

No answer.

I walked cautiously out of my room and into the kitchen. As I approached, the sound of loud music rang through my ears. I turned the corner and found Y/n dancing around the kitchen in a oversized t-shirt and pajama shorts.

There was a pot on the floor which I had assumed was what made the crashing noise. Y/n bent down and picked it up, placing it on the counter as she resumed dancing and used the spatula she was holding as a microphone to lip sync into.

I laughed slightly at the sight.

"Y/n." I called again, a smile growing on my face.

She couldn't hear me over the music.

"What're you making?" I asked, raising my voice to where she could here me and tapping her on the shoulder.

She jumped and let out a shriek, dropping the toast which was in her hand as she whipped around and grabbed my wrist, twisting it.

"Peter, you scared the shit out of me!" She let out a deep breath and let go of my wrist.

She paused the music and smacked my arm before I could apologize.

"Ow!" I exclaimed, which only made her laugh.

I grabbed a piece of bacon off of the plate on the counter and grabbed two glasses from the cupboard. I pulled out the orange juice from the fridge and started pouring it into the glasses.

"By the way, next time, grab the wrist harder and twist it quicker while digging your nails and fingertips into the center of it, along the veins. And don't hesitate afrer doing so. It gives your opponent more time to retaliate and fight back." I told as I placed the juice back into the fridge.

I had been giving Y/n defence lessons so she could protect herself if someone were to ever break into the apartment. She already knew the basics like throwing a good punch and hitting certain places to immobalize her attacker. I was just giving her some tips on certain things she could improve and showing her more effective ways to fight.

She nodded and handed me a plate before grabbing her own along with her glass and sitting down at the table, as did I.

"This is amazing, Y/n. Where'd you learn to cook like this?" I asked, taking another bite of the bacon.

"When I was living with my grandparents, I had to make my own meals or they would let me starve." She spoke quietly.

"Oh, sorry for bringing it up."

"It's fine. It's nice to talk to talk about it with someone who doesn't show fake sympathy towards me."

I gave her an understanding smile before continuing to eat. Once I finished eating, I grabbed my dirty dishes along with Y/n's and placed them in the dishwasher. I turned around and looked to Y/n.

"I have a suprise for you, get ready." I informed and walked away, going into my room and changing into one of my science pun t-shirts, a pair of jeans, and a jacket and tennis shoes.

Y/n followed suit and went into the bathroom, changing into a white t-shirt, light jeans with a black and white flannel, and classic black converse. She walked out of the bathroom and pulled on a black beanie before grabbing her purse and meeting me in the living room.

"So, we walking or swinging?" She asked with a smile.

"Driving, actually." I informed, grabbing my keys off the table.

"What?"

"Yeah, I uhh got my license the other day when you were hanging out with MJ."

"And you didn't tell me?!" She placed her hand on her chest and pretended to be offended.

"Come on, let's go!" I exclaimed and opened the front door, ushering her out of the apartment.

She walked out and I followed closely behind, closing the door and locking it after we both were out. We walked out of the building and a little down the sidewalk before we arrived at my car.

"Since when do you have an Audi R8?!" Y/n shouted, suprised.

"Same day I got my license." I spoke.

"Who got it for you?"

"Mr. Stark."

"I said it once and I'll say it again...AND YOU DIDN'T TELL ME?! Come on, man!" She yelled playfully.

I laughed and opened her door for her. She got in and I walked around the front of the car before getting into the driver's seat. I put the key in the ignition and started the car, driving off to Y/n's suprise destination.

After about ten minutes of driving, we arrived at the location and got out of the car. I covered Y/n's eyes with my hands before she could see where we were. Once we walked into the building and into a specific room, I removed my hands from her eyes before speaking.

"Ta-da!" I exclaimed, a large grin stretching across my face.

"I don't understand. Where are we?" She looked around at the empty room around her.

"Hold on, you'll see in a second."

As if on que, I heard a tiny bark and the door to the room opened. A woman wearing a white doctor's coat walked in, holding a Miniature Australian Shepherd. (see image above) Y/n's mouth flung open and she looked to me before crouching down to the floor as the woman sat the puppy on the floor. He immediately jumped onto her and started licking her face.

"Y/n, meet Koda, our new puppy." I smiled widely as she turned around with a shocked look on her face. "I talked to May and she agreed that a puppy could do us all some good."

She broke away from all of the puppy kisses and jumped up, flinging her arms around me and pulling me into a tight embrace.

"Thank you!" She exclaimed.