Bonus 8 - Me, myself and I

"These kids are driving me nuts!" Mr. Jackson grumbled. They had just knocked over his pieces of chess for the third time, a game he played with himself. That's right. He simply turned the chessboard and continued playing from the other side. Sometimes I almost believed that he changed personality each time he turned it around, but I never asked. Chess time was a much needed alone time for him, and helped keep him mentally stable.

"That's your own fault. You were the one who insisted on trying to populate the entire planet on your own."

He scowled at me.

"I said soccer team. Not a whole tribe," he grumbled, but I gave him a dead stare.

"Potato, potato," I said, pronouncing the same word differently, and watched him put the last piece at its rightful place on the chess board. He was ready to start over.

"I told you to stop at four."

"And that's not a soccer team."

"I wish you had a personality that could bring all those babies to life then, because the five we have now are more than enough for me," I muttered, while I folded the last towel from what had been a mountain of clothes. If I got paid to do laundry, I would be freaking loaded.

"Help feeding them and putting them to bed, then. And that includes a nighttime bath and reading fairy tales."

He sighed deeply and didn't look very happy, but I knew he secretly loved it more than anything. He was just annoyed by constantly being interrupted in his game. But whatever.

Mr. Jackson would never admit it out loud, but when it came to his kids he was a huge softie. Helping out was publicly the most boring thing ever. But personally he actually enjoyed it so much that he was the one who made the most mess, since feeding time with him often ended in a food fight, much to the kids excitement. It was even worse when it was time for a bath. And when he played with them, there were toys absolutely everywhere. I'd also walked in on them while he was jumping on our bed. But as soon as he saw me watching them, he pretended to yell at the kids to stop. He was a strange personality indeed.

I had plans for us tonight, though. That's why we started putting the kids to bed a little earlier than usual. One of the perks of them not knowing how to tell the time yet. And to make Mr. Jackson a little more enthusiastic, I decided to give him a little hint, which caused him to constantly pleading, urging and demanding me to tell him what it was. But I didn't budge.

To be honest I actually dreaded showing him this surprise, as well as I was bursting with excitement. I had absolutely no idea how he was going to react. I just knew I would have to cuff him to a chair for safety.

I was pretty impatient when the little monsters finally were asleep. Instead of one hour, it took two, and I was mentally exhausted from prepping myself up to go through with my plan, but now it was time. It was now or never, and I was nervous as fuck.

You've got this, Gail. You know you'll get pounded out of the Milky Way afterwards, but whatever. You've handled worse.

"So we're gonna have a role play?" he snickered after returning to the living room.

"I'm gonna wear my police uniform and yell 'FBI! Open up!', and you'll spread your legs for me?"

"We're not having sex in the living room, Mr. Jackson. What if the kids wake up?"

He grumbled something I couldn't hear.

"We are gonna play a little game."

"A game, huh?"

"Yes, a game. And we need to sit on a chair, back to back," I explained, and pulled out the two chairs we needed. Then I placed them in the middle of the room. I wasn't going to sit on mine, but he didn't have to know that.