Ch. 8: The shower

"M-michael...?"

A huge smile and beaming eyes, made me draw a sudden sigh of relief. He was here. The man I first fell in love with, was finally here, and now he was going to walk next to me down the aisle. I couldn't be happier.

"Yes, baby. I'm here, and I can't wait to hear you tell me all about this afterwards."

He chuckled a little, took my hand, and knitted our fingers.

"Let's do this again."

Both of us smiled like idiots, while we turned back to the priest, who looked like he was going to have a nervous breakdown in any minute. But luckily, he managed to go through it all once more, and we both said 'I do'.

******

"You what?!"

"Said yes to strip at a bar! We were desperate to get money, as you already know. But Joe couldn't do anything else than to continue to walk around in that sheep costume for three weeks, so I had to come up with something, to get money for food, at least. And the strip tease went fine, until Mr. Jackson came along. He kind of ruined everything."

Everything, as in you too, Gail! You're still not fully recovered yet.

"I walked around like that pink sheep for three weeks? How could you do that to me?!" he laughed.

"Me?! You did that to yourself, mister. Or, Joe did... And you have no idea how bad I wanted to slap some sense into him!"

Michael's eyes went large.

"I-I mean... Not literally..."

Are you so sure about that...? Yes! No... Shush!

"I only meant that I would do everything to get you back. I hate when you leave me like that."

With a sigh, he embraced me and kissed my neck.

"I know, baby, and I'm so sorry."

It felt so good to be in his arms and know that I finally had someone that would take care of me, and actually help in the situation we were in.

"You know... I could start on my medication again, to make it easier for you?"

I kissed his cheek and stroke his back, before we released and looked at each other.

"Naah. That would mean that we would have to go to the hospital, to get a prescription, which would totally give us away to the authorities. Then, the Police would be on our heels in a heartbeat, and we would be on the run again. I'm tired of running, Michael."

I frowned when I looked at his face. He looked worried. Then he cleared his voice.

"We just got married... With our full names?"

The shock clamped around my belly like a cold hand.

Noooooooooo.....! How could you be so stupid, Gail?! You're no better than Joe!

"Fuck! Shit! How could I...? Why did I...? I was so focused on getting Don Juan domesticated, that I completely forgot!"

Michael laughed.

"Don Juan was the one you dragged up to the altar? I would've guessed it was... Well, Mr. Jackson, since you say you like him?"

I held my hand on my forehead, and closed my eyes, still not believing how I could be so reckless, not to think about using fake names.

"We need to flee," I stated, but Michael took my hand and caught my eyes with his beautiful brown ones.

"Hey... Baby, look at me. It'll be alright. Don't worry."