Ch. 12: Of course not!

I pulled off most of my clothes until I was in my underwear, twisted as much water as I could manage out of them, and spread them out in the sun to dry. And after a minute of, not so discreet ogling from the Mexican, he did the same. From what it looked like, we were about a mile from the sea shore, but it seemed like the current made us drift sideways, instead of towards land.

"We gotta find something to paddle with," I stated, and nudged Joe to move to the edge of the basket.

"You start searching the sea for drift wood, and I see if I can find something else. Now, where did you put that handle I gave you?"

I was wondering if I could manage to cut loose one of the small beams of the basket frame, but my thoughts got interrupted when he kept sitting there, staring at me.

"Earth to Joe! Over?!"

I waved my hand in front of his face, and he finally managed to tear his eyes away from my mid section to look at my face.

"You are not gonna pull another 'Gail told me to shut up', are we clear?! You..." I pulled him up from his seating position, and pushed my pointing finger to his chest to emphasize my words.

"...are...gon'...be...speaking...when... spoken...to...ya...hear...me?!"

Joe swallowed and nodded, with cheeks flaming red, and I finally noticed what his problem was. A humongous boner, that was threatening to break through his slacks. I rolled my eyes, nodding to his problem area.

"Now is not a good time to point around with things like that, Joe, unless you're planning to use it for paddling."

I chuckled lightly and watched him desperately trying to hide himself, and in the corner of my eye, I could see the shaking shoulders of the Mexican, telling me that he was laughing silently too. The charm of body language,'eigh?

"I-I... am so s-sorry, Missy... But I just wasn't expecting you to... Uhm. Take off... I... It's... Look you're smoking hot, okay? It's distracting!"

"Yeah? And you are drooling, now snap out of it! Use your eyes to find a suitable oar so we can get dry land under our feet."

Joe started to dry his mouth, and squinted a little when he found out I was just messing with him. But when I expected him to get to work, he just kept standing there, with satellite dish eyes, open mouth and a slightly tortured look in his face.

"Did you forget how to human, boy?!Move!" I yelled, and slapped his shoulder.

"Alright, alright! But Missy... Your..."
He raised his eyebrows, while discreetly eyeballed my chest area. Then he coughed and continued whispering.

"...nipples...are showing."

I placed my hands on my hips and scowled at him.

"Look how I care! Can you just..."

My eyes went large, when I felt a bile rising in my throat, and two seconds later, I was on my hands and knees, hollering into the sea like a mating walrus. I immediately felt Joe's hand stroking my back, cooing silently. And I heard the Mexican say something that Joe obviously didn't understand.

"Aaah. Tu novia esta embarazada. ¡Felicitaciones!"

I suppressed my need to rinse my mouth, when I remembered how bad salt water tasted. I just spat out as much of the ugly taste as possible, and dried my mouth with my hand, slowly getting up to wash it on the other side of the frustratingly useless floating device. Just how useless it was, occurred to me barely a minute after, when I noticed that the basket was floating heavier in the sea than earlier.