Ch. 47: No, no and a maybe

We laughed like idiots all the way to the next house. Then I parked the car and Michaela hurried over to my side to pick Annie up from her car seat.

"How's our little mini diva over here?" she cooed, but then she scoffed.

"By Lord and the Almighty, Gail! What is she wearing?!"

I bit my lip to keep from giggling. Of course Michaela would have something to say about her clothes, and now she was going to...

"You know she looks pale in yellow. And that hideous embroidery?! Why didn't you put on some of the clothes I bought for her?"

Exactly.

"Because she's grown out of them, that's why. Now can we please continue to search for our new home?"

"Oh.. So that's what we were doing?"

I snorted.

"Yeah! What did you think we were doing?"

"How should I know? I just came here. And we are so gonna go shopping afterwards! Because this piece of fabric here, will get a new career; as a toilet cloth!"

"Don't be rude, Michaela."

I slapped her arm and tried to grab Annie from her, but she dodged me.

"This Princess is mine today. Because I think the Queen needs to sleep a few days. Gail, you look like trash. Did you not use that anti-wrinkle cream I gave you?"

"Excuse me?! I don't look that bad! But I am quite tired aft..."

"Hello? Did you look at yourself in the mirror today?"

"Well... No?"

"Yeah, I thought so. You look like something the cat dragged in, ate and then threw up again."

"Well, thanks a lot, asshole."

She rolled her eyes.

"Hey. I only do it to help you, you know. What do you say about a total makeover? Like tomorrow?"

"What makes you think that we've found a house until tomorrow? We are going to do a lot of hard work the next few days. Maybe even weeks. Because we're planning on staying here. Actually, it was your idea."

She looked at me in surprise.

"Really? My idea? And were is 'here' if I may ask?"

"Oh, I forgot to tell you. We're in Andorra."

"Out of all the random places, Andorra?!"

"Mhm? Sounded legit to me. Or did you suddenly change your mind?"

She shook her head, and started walking towards the house, where our agent was waiting with a deep frown on her forehead.

"Not at all. But you can leave the house search for me. I'm a pro."

I rolled my eyes, and followed her.

"Sure you are..."

"What?! I am! Now shush, and let the expert get to work."

And she did... By God, she did. Nothing I ever said was good enough, and the poor woman that was trying to help us probably had multiple temper tantrums, where she was laying on the floor, kicking and screaming. At least on the inside. And I couldn't say I blamed her, because every house we looked at was either too big, too small, too old, too new, too boring, too old fashioned or too wrong fashioned. So it was mostly no, no and no's, with a couple of maybe's here and there.

But at last, we came to a beautiful house outside La Massana. The scenery was green fields and forest, and mountains as a distant frame, with a few houses spread here and there, not too close to the one we were looking at. And the view was spectacular! The house was built partially of nature stone and partially from solid, dark wood. Large windows let the sun in, and made it look like a beautiful painting of the nature from the inside, and I could only imagine how amazing it must look during the different seasons. The garden was Japanese inspired, with large trees and tall hedges that sheltered from curious bypassers and weather. And the grass was divided from the gravel around the house in both soft curves and straight lines, that were complimented with round stones and figure shaped trees and bushes, and in the corner of the garden; a beautiful fountain.