Ch. 20: Like this?

"So Geeksy knew all of that?! Where in the world did he...?"

"I know! I ask myself that every time, and he even analyzed my anatomy while we were doing it!"

I rolled my eyes, and Michael stopped tickling my arm in shock.

"W-while you w-were having...?"

"Yeah! But he's no virgin anymore, at least."

"T-that's... That's... Sooooo weird, Gail! Let's not talk about it. Please? It's too..."

"Yeah... Mr. Jackson doesn't like it either. In fact, he gets jealous as fuck every time I mention any of your other personalities."

Michael pushed me away so he could look at me properly, but when I almost fell down from the narrow bed, he quickly pulled me back to his chest again.

"I can actually understand that," he murmured.

"But I need someone to talk to about this, Michael! If not, I'm gonna go apeshit crazy."

"I know, baby. It can't be easy. It isn't easy. Not even my family handled me, so I don't know how you do it.

He pulled me even closer than before and kissed my temple, and I felt a sting in my heart when I heard the sadness in his voice when he talked about his family.

"I'm sorry, Michael..."

"Shh... It's okay. Now tell me about the cows."

"Oh, yeah... Those. But first Mr. Jackson hijacked a blimp, before Joe took over, and we crash landed in the ocean. Then Joe almost got killed, and we..."

"Gail! One thing at the time! He hijacked a blimp?! How is that even possible?"

I laughed shortly in disbelief.

"I'm still not sure how he managed. And I would never have believed it if I didn't see it with my own eyes! But it was all Mr. Jackson's doing. I rarely have anything to say when it comes to him, anyway."

I circled my fingers over Michael's chest while I talked, and a chronical silly smile just wouldn't leave my lips. I could feel him randomly shake his head, and his rib cage rose and fell when he giggled. And he listened intently to every single detail I told him.

"And then you crash landed... How did I... Uhm... How did Joe almost die? Or me... Gosh, this is..."

"Tell me about it... Joe fell between a quay and the boat we got rescued in, and I was... God, I was so sure I lost you...!"

My emotions suddenly hit me like a brick wall, and I dug my face into Michael's soft curls, and felt my eyes brim with tears.

"Michael...you have no idea how scared I was!"

"Oh, baby. It's okay. I'm alright. Please don't think about it anymore. Think about the cows instead."

He pulled my leg in between his, so I was laying more or less on top of him, just to get the closeness and comfort he knew I needed to feel safe. But at the thought of the cows, he couldn't help himself from chuckling his adorable, high-pitched laughter that I loved so dearly, and I couldn't help but to giggle a bit too, even though a couple of tears escaped from the corner of my eyes.

"Yeah... You see, Joe insisted on taking a bath in a lake along the road somewhere. And we ended up... No, you don't wanna hear about that. But the cows! The cows... They ate all our clothes... And then we got attacked by a bull and a croco..."

Michael put his finger over my mouth, and stopped me from talking.

"What did you do...?"

For a moment, I wasn't sure what he meant, because he was confusing me by sounding slightly as Mr. Jackson. But when it occurred to me which part he wanted hear more about, I blushed like crazy, thinking about how Joe and me had lost all boundaries. And even with a herd of cattle as audience!