Ch. 48: For a new beginning

"Gail..."

Silent whispering in my ear and slow strokes up and down my back, gradually pulled me out of my sleep.

"Baby, you need to wake up. Annie is crying and you are laying on top of me."

I lifted my head, yawned a little and opened my eyes.

"Michael...? Is that you?"

His smiling eyes gave me the answer before he spoke.

"Yes, baby. It's me."

"Oh, Michael... I've missed you!"

He hugged me tightly and kissed the top of my head, before he helped me up. Then I explained which room Annie was in, and shortly after, he came back with his little daughter in his arms, looking like the happiest man on the planet.

"I can't believe how much she's grown! God, I hate that I can't be here all the time. I don't want to miss out on this, I really don't, and now... OOOW!"

You guessed it. Annie had grasped a string of Michael's hair and pulled, impatiently wanting to get to her food.

"Annie! That wasn't very nice," Michael whined. But with a little struggle, we managed to make her let go, before she got a hold on more of his hair. And finally she got what she wanted, and calmed down. Michael sat next to us, with his arm around my lower back while he was studying Annie nursing, looking like he was completely lost in love. He had such a goofy smile and glazed eyes, that I had to laugh at him. But then I felt a bit...

"Uhm. Have I... behaved lately?" Michael suddenly asked, a little bashful.

"Yeah. For the most part. As an adult you, at least."

He frowned, and I giggled a little.

"What do you mean adult? Did that teenager part of me cause problems again? What did h..."

"Not him. He saved us. In more ways than one, actually. And I drained his balls, so I guess we're both happy."

Michael coughed loudly and blushed.

"I'm not sure if I want you to elaborate that. But you did what?"

I giggled, but didn't feel the need to say more about it. I wasn't in the mood for any of that now. I really wasn't. I swallowed, and spoke fast.

"We won a lottery, three times, and you have another personality named Applehead, and now we're in Andorra in our new home, and as you see we have a whole lot of shopping to do because there isn't any furniture and I really need to go! Here, take Annie!"

I ripped Annie away from me and placed her in Michael's arms, and she started crying loudly, both because of the abrupt food denial and from the minor shock of being thrown into Michael's arms. But I didn't have the time to think about anything else, than to find the nearest bathroom, and I threw myself over the toilet.

Fuck... You know what this means, Gail? Mr. Jackson got his way, didn't he? You're preggo again, and all you can hope for is that the amount of kids in there is below seven...

"Baby? Are you alright?" I heard from outside, but I only managed to yell a 'No!' before I was at it again. Crap...

"I'm just gonna change Annie's diaper, and I'll be right there."

But it felt like ages, where my insides fought World War III with itself. And I was completely wrecked when Michael finally returned.

"Oh, baby..." he sighed, when he saw me. Then he sat down on his heels and stroked my back.