Ch. 22: Defiant

"Take your medicine."

"No."

"Take your medicine!"

"No."

"Listen to me, Mr. Jackson. You need to take your pill just like I need to take my pregnancy vitamins, okay? Now, take it!"

"Ha! The only vitamin you suffer from is vitamin ME."

His smirk faded when he saw how angry I was.

"Look, I don't need them, and they're not working," he stated sourly.

"Yes, you do! And they were working fine up until Michael stopped taking them."

Are you sure about that, Gail? Michael seemed so eager to be with you all the way through the pregnancy. And you know he doesn't want to miss you giving birth to his firstborn for anything in the world.

Suddenly a bit doubtful, I decided to count the pills that were left in the box.

Damn... He actually took them! He never even missed one, and that's more than you can say about your vitamins, you hypocrite... Maybe Mr. Jackson was right? Maybe they'd stopped working? Or maybe they had never worked at all, and it was only coincidental? Either way, he can't stop taking them, Gail. For Michael's sake.

"I won't take them, and you can't make me!"

"Oh yeah? But I think I can."

He squinted at me, trying to figure out what I had in mind, but looked back on the TV screen right after.

"Will you stop acting like a child?! Take your fucking pill, or there will be no sex for you for a whole week!"

His eyes went wide as satellite dishes and his face snapped back in my direction so fast that I was sure he must have hurt his neck. But I couldn't help but to chuckle inwardly at his juvenile reaction.

"Fine! But it won't work."

"Whatever. Just take it. And I want to see that you swallow!"

"Only if I can see you doing the same thing afterwards," he purred, and fiery eyes and a huge grin told me exactly what he had in mind. So I squinted at him while I watched him do as told, and just to mock him a little, I said:

"Atta, boy. Now, was that so hard?"

NOOOOO! You didn't!!! That's his line! Run, Gail! Run for your life!

So I bolted out of the living room. But not fast enough to not hear him mumble;
"I'm gonna show you a thing that's hard..."

And then we both ran out of the house, and up the path to a tree we'd found weeks ago. Michael was the first who'd spotted it, and the first to climb all the way to the top, but pretty soon it became our favourite tree where we hung out, and talked for hours. The area was also so deserted, that we even had taken the chance on getting intimate for several occasions. Mostly because it was so difficult to be silent enough to do it inside the house, but also because we found out that it was a huge turn on to make love outside. So this had become our private spot on so many levels, and we could spend hours here, until we watched the sun set in the evening.

"LET GO OF ME!" I screamed when I felt Mr. Jackson's firm hands around my waist.

"It's not fair! I'm pregnant, I can't run as fast as you!"

But he only chuckled, and pulled me flushed to his body.

"That's very convenient, Ms. Weth..."

He corrected himself.