D3 Part 3

(YN’s P.O.V)

I stood with Ben, his parents, Fairy Godmother, and Mal in an emergency meeting at the Auradon capital castle. We all did our best to hide our anxiety and nervousness. This was a time to be professional, not afraid. “ I think we all know we’re here. “ Adam said. “ Unfortunately, yes. “ I said for Mal and Ben. “ The people are in a panic about Hades. He almost got out. “ Beast explained. “ Who knows what he would’ve done if he had escaped? “ Fairy Godmother added. “ We can’t have another villain on the loose. “ Adam stated. “ I really feel like this is my fault. Mal said. “ I’m supposed to protect Auradon “ 

Don’t worry Mal you won’t have to worry about that when I finish my project. “ You did, you do protect Auradon. “ Ben comforted. “ Every time we open the barrier, we’re exposed to danger. Maleficent, Uma, Hades. “ Adam listed. Ben’s phone beeped. He took out his phone and checked the message then turned to us with wide eyes. “ Maleficent’s scepter and the queen’s crown have been stolen. “ The king stated flatly. “ What? “ I questioned. Fairy Godmother gasped. 

 “ Uma? “ Adam suggested. “ We don’t know that dad. “ Ben protested. Auradon is at stake. I must get Zevon and accelerate my plans with the blood. “ When people hear about this, they will never wanna leave their houses. “ Belle said to her husband. “ What do we tell them? “ She asked us. “ Mal, how do we keep evil out of Auradon? “ Mal looked down and held back her tears. “ I think that there’s only… One way to guarantee their safety. And I think that there… Can’t be anymore going in and out. I think that we have to close the barrier… Forever. “ The queen struggled to say. We all nodded in agreement. Sure I’ll agree for now, but once my plan is complete, Auradon will be safe and we can reopen the barrier. 

“ Things are stabilizing in my Kingdom. No Kingdom in this country has kept up a military since the villains were banished so I’ll bring a portion of my army if it-- “ I said before Ben interrupted. “ No. “ Ben denied. I couldn’t tell if he was denying me or the idea of closing the barrier.  “ Son. “ Adam tried before Ben turned around and went for the door. “ No. No. No. No. No. “ He repeated in denial. “ Ben. “ Mal called out. I watched the queen do her best to ease Ben into the discussion. I wanted to announce my plan and ease anyone but they wouldn’t understand my ambitions. “ Keep that idea on the table. “ Adam whispered to me. 

They’d see me with a vial of Jabberwock’s blood and assume the worst after what happend last time. “ Son? Mal’s right. Adam stated. “ I’m afraid she is. “ I agreed. “ I just don’t think that we would forgive ourselves if something happened. Mal said. We ended the meeting there and left the castle, filled with sadness and regret over what we were ordering. Evie had everyone visiting her castle so Mal was dropped off there. I went back to Auradon Prep so I could begin. One of the chemistry classrooms wasn’t being used this year so I’ve reserved it for my project. “

Once I brought the miniature freezer into the room. I closed all the blinds on the windows and the classroom door. Then I took out my phone and messaged Zevon to get here. When he did, I quickly pulled him into the room and looked both ways down the hall. “ You weren’t followed, right? “ I asked impatiently. “ Don’t worry man I double-checked. “ The son of Yzma assured. “ Alright. Time is short. We must begin immediately. “ I said while bringing various forms of lab equipment to our table. “ You still haven’t told me what I need to do. “ Zevon stated. “ Open the freezer and see for yourself. “ I said. 

Zevon reluctantly opened the freezer and took out the vial. His eyes widened when he realized what it was. “ Is this what I think it is? “ He asked. “ Indeed. “ I replied. Zevon began to chuckle gleefully. “ You want a Jabberwock army, don’t you? “ He asked. “ Not complete Jabberwocks. “ I specified. “ I’ve proven myself incapable of handling one. I want an army of Jabberwocks that are still relatively human. “ Zevon nodded and continued to fiddle with the vial. “ Yeah, I can do that. But, we need to negotiate our deal. I want payment and a guarantee of protection if this ever gets back to me. “ Zevon insisted. “ Agreed, now get to work and don’t get caught. “ I ordered. The son of Yzma opened his backpack and took out an old notebook. “ Mom kept copies of her original potion book. “ He explained, turning the page to the transformation potion that his mother used to turn Emperor Kuzco a llama. Makes sense that this potion would be a variation of that one. I got a message on my phone so I pulled it out to check.

Get to my place ASAP. Audrey attacked Mal.

-Evie

“ Gotta go. Don’t get caught. “ I reminded Zevon as I ran to the parking lot where my motorcycle waited. I didn’t have a car yet because my kingdom’s fortune wouldn’t be available until a few months when I turn eighteen. I met up with them at the end of the forest road. Celia was with for some reason. “ Oh lord. What happened to you? “ I asked as I looked at Mal. “ Long story short. We need to get to the Isle and take Hades’s ember because apparently, it’s the only thing that can counter Maleficent’s scepter. Carlos summarized. “ Alright then. “ I said.

“ Noble steed, proud and fair, you shall take us anywhere. “ Mal chanted. “ She revved up her engines and soared off the road and onto the water. “ Here we go. “ I said nervously and drove forward. We parked our rides outside Mal’s old hideout. “ Hey. I’m me again. “ She said happily. “ Duh. Evil magic doesn’t work here. Kind of the point. “ Celia pointed out. We waited at the door as Celia did the entry knock, bringing up memories of when I used to run security here occasionally. The door opened and we followed her in.