D1 Part 7

(YN's) Point of view

We were now doing our best to make the damn love cookies. Our plan was to get them to Ben so Mal could be closed during the coronation so she can grab the wand. I also brought the pumpkin so we could make some pie out of it. Mal began reviewing the

" All right. It still says here that we need one tear, and I never cry. " Mal said.

" Me neither. I channel my anger, not my sadness. " I said. For the most part, I wasn't lying. "

" Let's chop some onions. " Carlos suggested.

Mal shook her head. " No

" No, you dolt we probably need a real tear. " I said.

" (YN) is right. It says we need one tear of human sadness. And this love potion gets the best reviews, so we have to follow it exactly. " Mal said.

" A tear's a year. " Jay said. (YN) rolled his eyes.

" No, you dolt. They both have antibodies and enzymes, but an emotion-based tear- " I said before he noticed he was talking in unison. They both blushed and laughed. I was lucky I was wearing his paleness.

" Jeez, you two are destined for each other. " Jay laughed out. Evie looked down to hide her reddened face while I gave a murderous look to Jay. The awkward silence was broken when Lonnie entered the room.

" Hi, guys. So um, I have some friends who really liked what you did to my hair so I was thinking- " Lonnie said before being interrupted by Mal.

" Yeah, sure just not today. " Mal said.

Lonnie stepped closer and saw what was happening. " Mmmm, midnight snack huh? Whatcha making? " She asked as we all stiffened. I motioned Evie to hide the pumpkin. " Nothing special, just cookies. " Mal said.

Lonnie dipped the finger in the batter making us jump. " Oh no no! " Mal yelled.

" What? I'm not going to double-dip. " Lonnie said. Jay walked up to her, a flirtatious look on his face. " I turned to Evie and whispered. " Is Jay really that desperate? " I asked. Evie giggled then turned to Jay.

" Feeling anything, Princess? " Jay asked Lonnie. " Lonnie turned away form Jay leaving him confused.

" Yeah, that it's missing something. " Lonnie responded. She then went to a cabinet.

" What's that? " I asked.

" It could use some chips. " Lonnie said. I nodded my head. " Good thinking. " I said.

" What chips? " Mal asked.

" Just chocolate chips. The most important food group. Wait, didn't your parents ever make you guys, like, chocolate chip cookies? Like when your feeling sad, and they're fresh from the oven, with a big old glass of milk, and she makes you laugh and puts everything into perspective and... " She began to trail off as we went silent.

" What? Why are looking at me like that? " Lonnie asked. I looked to Mal, she was starting downward and tapping her nails.

" It's just different, where we're from. " Mal replied quietly.

" Yeah, I know. I just, you know... I thought, even villains love their kids. " Lonnie stammered out.

" You'd be surprised. " I said.

Lonnie's eyes scanned each of us. She frowned. " Oh, how awful. " I noticed a tear forming around her eye. I walked up to her and wiled it off, throwing it into the batter. " Thank you for the company. " I said. " Goodnight. " I lead her to the door before she turned. " Goodnight. I'm sorry. " Lonnie said. I shut the door.

Mal took a breath. " Alright, let's get this into the oven. " She said. Carlos then loaded the tray into the oven. After a few minutes, the cookies were ready. Mal sealed them in a plastic bag. " Alright, let's clean up and get out of here. " She said.

After we cleaned up Evie looked to Mal. " Me and (YN) are gonna stay here for a bit to do the pumpkin. " She said. " Alright, get back soon okay? " Mal said. " We will. " Evie replied. " Jay leaned into me whispered something in my ear. " Have some class, Jay. " I said. " I won't do that with her. " Jay playfully punched my shoulder and left with the others. I shut the door.

(Third Person)

(YN) smiled at Evie than opened the refrigerator. They had hidden it so Lonnie wouldn't see it. " Im sorry, Evie I never learned how to do pumpkin pie. " He said embarrassingly. Evie giggled. " Don't worry, (YN). " She said. " I know how to cook just about anything. Just cut the top off and take out insides.

(YN) grabbed a knife then cut a circle off the top of the pumpkin. He then grabbed the stem and opened it. (YN) went to the nearest sink to wash his hands before taking out the guts. After he had finished he handed the guts in a bowl to Evie as she began the process. (I have no idea just go along with it lmao.)

After finishing she put it into the oven and waited. " (YN)? " Evie called. " Yes? " (YN) responded. He was on the other side of the kitchen with his back turned, staring into the abyss. He turned around to face her. " I've always wanted to know. Why do you wear makeup? Evie asked. " Is it family tradition or just to creep people out? "

(YN) turned his back. After a second, he turned only his head to answer. " My mother always made me. My skin tone always reminded her of my father. " He replied.
" I'm sorry if talking about hurts you. " Evie said, a sympathetic look on her face.

" No it's just, I'd never had the chance to tell anyone about this. " (YN) said. " See, my mother loved my father but, he never returned the feelings. He was only loyal out of fear of execution. When he tried to leave her, she killed him. " (YN) finished. His fist was clenched to hold back the tears that now beginning to form. Evie moved closer to him. When (YN) turned around, he saw his face only a foot from her's. Their eyes met in the space between. He found himself lost in Evie's beautiful brown eyes. At that moment, (YN) failed to see Evie wrapping herself around him in a comforting embrace.

" Don't listen to your mom, (YN). Evie said. " Your handsome the way you are. "